Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 75 grain Rocket Aeroheads >

75 grain Rocket Aeroheads

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

75 grain Rocket Aeroheads

Old 03-31-2005, 05:26 AM

Default 75 grain Rocket Aeroheads

Anyone shoot these 75 gr. Rockets Aeroheads. (With "Bacon skinner" blades) While buying new arrows last night, this shop owner recommended them to us. They are tiny! They only cut 1 inch. BUT, he says they fly exactly the same as field points. When we questioned him about how smalll they are, he showed us pictures and videos of animals killed with these heads. He makes professional hunting videos and markets them and he said that these heads leave such big holes that they need to try to hide this when filming the dead. He used one on a 1000 pond moose and got a complete pass-through.

The 3 of us went together and bought a 6 pack of these heads so we can each try 2 of them. I will post how they fly for us.

Edited to add website address;

http://www.rocketaerohead.com/broadh...roadheads.html

Anyone on here ever use these?? (They are in the current Cabelas archery catalog to see a picture of one)
Old 03-31-2005, 12:30 PM

Default RE: 75 grain Rocket Aeroheads

Nobody on here has used these broadheads??
Old 03-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't but I'm looking for some 75's for my kids bows. I'm not sure if the are legal in Ohio being only 1".
Old 03-31-2005, 06:22 PM

broadheads not less than 3/4 of an inch are legal in ohio nodog
Old 04-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have tried them. I feel there are a lot better heads on the market, especialy for the money. They are prone to blade loss, and very hard to assemble. With all the choices in smaller, compact heads, I think Rockets "ultimate steel" would probably be next to last on my list.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 5 shot

I have tried them. I feel there are a lot better heads on the market, especialy for the money. They are prone to blade loss, and very hard to assemble. With all the choices in smaller, compact heads, I think Rockets "ultimate steel" would probably be next to last on my list.

Well, that's telling it like it is. You could have softened the blow a little bit. Before I become the next victim, what would be your last?

Just kidding. You know, trying to give the guy a reason to laugh.

This is a classic example of a pro shop just selling what it has and why being self educated as much as possible is beneficial. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mike838

broadheads not less than 3/4 of an inch are legal in ohio nodog

Thanks Mike.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:05 PM

I appreciate everybody's opinions.

No need to soften the blow. I like direct opinions.

The guy didn't sell them to me because that's all he carries. He has tons of different broadhead brands, he owns the business and can shoot anything he wants and this is what he shoots himself. You can walk around his store and see the heads in the pictures with him and the game he shot. He shoots them because they are fixed blade and fly straight. (His words)

I WON'T be shooting them after all, reason being, I shot some 75 grain target points and found that they are way too light weight. Had 8" groups at 20 yds., put on some 125 grain heads and had less than 2" groups. BAD, BAD FOC with the 75's. I should have seen it coming.[&o]

Live and learn