Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

more Stealth Cam issues

Old 03-14-2005, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default more Stealth Cam issues

I have chronicled my woes with the original Digital Stealth cam in the past (long story short - batteries die in few days and no pics). I have since gotten a replacement (the new 3.0 MP) and I've got it out to give it a try (fingers crossed). Anyway, my father bought the original style last year (told hime to get something different, but he didn't listen!), as well as, a solar panel and viewer. I tried to set it up once with no luck (the batteries were dead from the original charge) and when I put in regular batteries, the LCD screen was all messed up. Therefroe I couldn't do any of the camera settings!!! They (Stealth) really need to rifine their practices or they won't be around long. I told my dad to contact Stealth and get a refund for everything and then go get a Cuddeback.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:49 AM

Default RE: more Stealth Cam issues

Need to get a leaf river digital... I have had alot of different cameras, and the leaf river is by far the best. I had to go out and buy another one right away after I got over 1,000 good pictures with it in 2 weeks.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Typical Buck

build your own IMO is the only way to go. people over at hagshouse.com will help you out. browse the boards for a month or two, take notes, save the posts in a folder on your computer, ask lots of questions, and you can do it. trust me, if I could with no experience at all, then anyone else can too. I have built over 20 units now and they just keep getting better.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

I'm currently testing digital game cameras and posting the results on my website. I've read a lot about poor results with the Stealth digital. I wonder if there is any use even getting one to look at, but then again it still looks like people are buying them.

So far, out of the three cameras that I have used, the EagleEye is #1 the Leaf River is #2 and the Cuddeback is #3. Details about the tests are on my site.

Do you guys and or gals think that I should even bother reviewing a Stealth. What camera do you think I should try next? I'll be the guinea pig.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to give the new Moultrie digital a try. I've seen pics and have heard pretty good things about it so far. For the price, I think it's worth trying out.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Yes Mike, the price on the Moultrie looks real good. Maybe it would be a good one to try out.

Thanks