Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stealth Cam issues >

Stealth Cam issues

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stealth Cam issues

Old 09-30-2003, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stealth Cam issues

Afetr having our new Stealth cams out for a couple of weeks, my hunting buddy & I were dying with anticipation about how much activity we would have on them. We checked them after our morning hunt on Saturday. I had 67 events & he had 39. We took off for Eckerds to get them developed and an hour later we find out we had nothing but blank film. What we ended up finding out was that you have to load the film just right or it will not catch on the leading advance wheel and will never advance the film.

Has any othere Stealth Cam users had this problem? What did you do to fix it. We had a heck of a time getting it to load right when we set them out again.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:32 PM

Default RE: Stealth Cam issues

Hey Mike,

Others have mentioned that! I have never had a problem that. I have always found it easy! All you have to do is hold it down so the film is between the wheel and close the lid slowly keeping the film pressed down as long as possible.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, we tried that but it still took us about 4 times to get it to work. I' m sure we burned a couple of pics by reopening the camera. I hope we' ll just get the hang of it soon. They take too good of pics for such a cheap camera.

It was awful dissapointing though to have that many events recorded, but no pictures. [:' (]
Old 09-30-2003, 04:50 PM

I had the same problem. I reloaded the film and set the camera out last week. I still don' t know if it is working.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Troy,

The way we knew that it was working was you could hear the motor strain a little when it grabbed the film where it would free spin when it didn' t. Also, look at your event counter, if it continues to say " E" then it didn' t grab it. If it says " 0" then it should work.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had the same prob. as mike. But luckily I figured it out before it turned it completely on and went on my way.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Stealth Camera myself. As ' rackassasin' pointed out, any camera can have this problem. Just make sure that counter is on ' 0' and not ' E' .