Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 more stealth cam issues >

more stealth cam issues

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

more stealth cam issues

Old 03-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default more stealth cam issues

well I just set up my camera, a digital Stealth Cam (DIGRC-X). It seemed pretty simple and got it set up. Whne I tried to run the "test" to see if it was positioned right, no light came on. Anyone know what might be wrong??

Even worse, the following day I went up to check on it, only to find that the batteries were low/dead already. I used fully charges new Duracell Ni.MH rechargeable batteries. What good is the camera if the batteries don't last. My question, how long are the batteries supposed to last and what batteries should I use??

Need help!!
Old 03-11-2004, 11:35 AM

Default RE: more stealth cam issues

Gee I don't know why don't you try reading your instruction book that came with the camera.. It should tell you what kind of batteries to use and how long they should last..
Old 03-11-2004, 12:18 PM

yup, what he said

Old 03-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gee guys, thanks for the help. You are soooo insightful and all knowing.

Lets see what it says:

"use 6 AA batteries (alkaline, rechargeable, etc.) for use in digital cameras"
and
there is no mention of length of charge

(I hope i read it right, you know I must not be that smart??)

So now do you have anything smart to say. maybe you can swing buy and I can stick a few batteries up your *ss and see if you get a charge out of them.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

hey dough, how old are your batteries. the rechargeables do go out or should i say bad. can't say i know anything about your camera though. sorry couldn't help on that aspect. might try some new batteries and start there with troubleshooting.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, this thread turned ugly quickly. How about we take a fresh look at this?

First off, any rechargeable does not last as long as typical alkaline batteries....especially if we are talking AAs. NIMH is better than Nicad for several reasons but especially length of usage. I would agree with arkansas to first check how old the NIMH batteries are. If you do not know then I would suggest getting some new ones.

Or, though more expensive in the long run, I would get regular or "long life" alkaline batteries for camera usage. One thing I have found from using normal digital cameras and camcorders is that they suck up batteries much faster than their non-digital counterparts. I believe this to be changing but just not yet.

Hope this helps some.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks PA,

I am sorry for the nastiness above, but I did think it was neccessary (and a bit humorous, if I do say).

As for the camera and batteries, I was about to sh*tcan it (or at least return it)[:'(]. After the battery problem I was unable to get the software to work on my computer [:@]. Luckily I have another back up puter and it did work there. And low-and-behold, there was actually a pic of a deer (and one of its tail running away). So that was neat.

I guess I will keep tinkering with it and check into the battery situation. I will be exchanging it if the green test lights does not work. The rechargeables were supposidly new (on ebay) and appeared dead when they arrived. My biggest question was whether my charger rated for slightly different batteries (1700 instead of 1800 and there was another number was slightly different) was adequate for charging the new batteries. The charger showed that it was charging and showed it had stopped charging, so I just assumed all was good, and batteries were charged (I checked them in my regular digital camera).

again thanks
Old 03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

did you get your problem fixed?
Old 03-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not really. I did get it to take a couple pics. I set it back up yesterday (with new regular AA batteries. The test light still didn't work. We'll see how long the batteries will last. I may go to Cabelas this weekend to exchange it (because of the light). Hopefully I'll get a few more pics.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

This isn't really apples to apples, but, I have a Stealth-Cam, it is the 35mm type and it uses 8 C batteries. The book says they should last 21 days. I had some in over 30 days and it still took pictures. It did not have enough power to rewind the film though.

I had regular alkine batteries. (wal-mart brand)

Don't know if this helps or not, but it is info on the subject! I do know it is fun to retrieve the pictures!!

Quick Reply: more stealth cam issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.