Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Best hunting/3-D arrow rest? >

Best hunting/3-D arrow rest?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best hunting/3-D arrow rest?

Old 03-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Spike

Default Best hunting/3-D arrow rest?

What rest do you all believe is the best arrow rest for both hunting as well as 3-D? My friends love the Wisker Biscuit for hunting, because the arrow won't fall out of the rest ever! But it sure wears on fletching quick. Just wanted to hear some experienced opinions.

Quakklz
Old 03-07-2005, 06:17 PM

Default RE: Best hunting/3-D arrow rest?

I'm hoping to get a new bow soon. My plan is to fit it with a drop away rest and a 1 pin site in the summer for 3d shoots then a biscuit and a 4 or 5 pin site for hunting.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:40 PM

Check out the APA Twister. With the supplied fleece it is totally quiet. Total containment like the WB and a dropaway.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:50 PM

I am going to agree with the Mangler, what else could you want containment and a drop away all in one. Sure saves the hassle of changing out rests for different types of shooting. I also have one so maybe I am a little biased as well.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the APA Twister. With the supplied fleece it is totally quiet. Total containment like the WB and a dropaway.
Hey Mangler,
This drop away just confuses me. Does your arrow actually go inside the metal ring? I guess it would have to, to "contain" the arrow. Basically thats why I like the Bisquit because I won't have an arrow making noise or falling off when an animal sneeks in to 10 yds and hears the arrow bang into the bow while I shake uncontrollably
Old 03-07-2005, 07:47 PM

yes thearrow goes inside the metal ring (cradle). If you place the fleece that is provided on the cradle all the way around you can shake as much as you want and it won't make any noise.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes thearrow goes inside the metal ring (cradle). If you place the fleece that is provided on the cradle all the way around you can shake as much as you want and it won't make any noise.
Man I'm thinking I really like that rest. Another question, obviously that photo is full draw. When not drawn at all does the arrow just sit down in the V shaped section? Upon release I'm guessing it (the rest) kinda stands up with the V pointing down and your cock feather would be pointing down. And there is no fletching contact at all? Was setup and tune relatively easy?
Old 03-07-2005, 09:01 PM

TerryM
Yes to all your questions. And yes it is very easy to set up and tune. If you go into the website in the DSL version it shows the twister in action.