Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Keep Mathews or buy new PSE >

Keep Mathews or buy new PSE

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Keep Mathews or buy new PSE

Old 02-25-2005, 10:20 AM

Default RE: Keep Mathews or buy new PSE

mathews the name says it all, top quality and performance, much to some dissmay they are the best out there in my opinion. Keep it , if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: KBacon

How many of you have actually shot the Vengeance?

Well I have.. and it's one sweet bow. Would I trade an outback in for one? You bet... if it fit me better and I liked it more. Screw the name that's on the bow... shoot what you like.

I love how everyone says to go and shoot all the bows and pic the one that fits you best... and then someone makes this post and everyone tells them to stick w/ the bow w/ the more popular name. Like it or not.. the top 3 bow companies are Mathews, Hoyt, and PSE.. With Bowtech a close 4th.

I have ordered my dad a PSE Vengeance and there's a 3-6 wk backorder on them due to the overwhelming popularity of this bow. It's extremely smooth w/ decent speed.. just what my father was looking for. He shot the Vengeance right next to the Parker Phoenix 34 and the Vengeance was much smoother and just as fast. I think PSE has a real winner w/ these new hybrid cams.

wait a minute, wait a minute... did you just say bowtech was 4TH behind PSE??? you need some help...
Old 03-01-2005, 09:39 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: YoungSpike

wait a minute, wait a minute... did you just say bowtech was 4TH behind PSE??? you need some help...
Think about it. Bowtech only produces high end bows and therefore only sells to the market that can afford them. PSE on the other hand makes bows for all price ranges and therefore sells bows to people of all price ranges. Larger Market!!

Some people have no common sense.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:32 PM

I truly feel bad for the "bow snobs" who thumb up their noses and the brand name PSE. Pse makes great products and very reasonable prices.

Just keep paying for those centerfold advertisements with you $700.00 bows
Old 03-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

Yes I did... I personally shoot a Bowtech.. and it's now my 3rd one and I absolutely love them. But like it or not PSE is the best selling bow on the market hands down... Followed by Mathews, Hoyt, and Bowtech... Not nec in that order. And like I said in my earlier post.. I've shot the new PSE lineup and I've been very impressed. Hence why I ordered my father a new Vengeance... It's soo smooth and just a great all around bow. And for the person that asked earlier.. yes I've shot the Mathews Outback.. and was less than impressed. It's a nice bow.. but more of the same cookie cutter stuff Mathews has been spitting out for the last few years. The PSE is smoother and easier to draw than the Outback.. so I personally find the Vengeance to be a better bow.. as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

But like it or not PSE is the best selling bow on the market hands down...
Can you back that statement up with some facts?
Old 03-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Bowfanatic... it's a well known fact. The people that frequent the msg boards only make up a very small percentage of the hunting population. I work at the local Gander Mtn where we sell PSE, Parker, Darton, Storm, Kodiak, Bear, Browning, Martin, ect.. line of bows. We sold 5 times more PSEs than we did anything else. Alot of customers have never heard of alot of the other brands.. even Mathews. They come in asking for PSE... the recognize the name PSE.. they can afford the PSE.. they buy the PSE. Alot of these people come in wanting to replace their old bow.. and balk at the $500+ price on bows... Not to mention you can call up and order PSE out of any catalog that you pick up. Believe what you want... but this is just the way it is.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowfanatic... it's a well known fact
Again...any facts? Links? Mathews has been #1 in sales for a few years now.

Not saying that makes Mathews any better than any other bow. I just like to see some facts regarding bold statements tossed out , especially when the statements dont coincide with popular knowlege among the bowhunting industry.

Our local Gander Mountain just happens to sell more Martins and Parkers than anything else.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:19 AM

This is right off of Bowtech's website: BowTech is the fastest growing bow company in history, increasing in revenue every year since 2000 to become the fourth largest bow company in the world.

Notice it says fourth largest. Who do you think hold the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spots?

Wow! You must know something bowtech doesn't. You better tell them to update their website.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:31 AM

statements dont coincide with popular knowlege among the bowhunting industry.
You mean don't coincide with popular knowledge among Mathews owners.

If you're so quick to tell someone they are wrong about pse why don't you throw out some facts?

Quick Reply: Keep Mathews or buy new PSE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.