Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BOWTECH DEMO

Old 01-27-2005, 06:41 AM

Default BOWTECH DEMO

I FINALLY GOT TO DEMO THE BOWTECH ALLEGIANCE AND PATRIOT YESTERDAY 1/26/05. THE ALLEGIANCE IS A VERY SMOOTH DRAWING BOW AND SUPER QUICK. BUT THE BOW I SHOT HAD A LOUD TINGING NOISE THAT SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS COMING FROM THE RISER AREA. THE REST WAS FULLY TIGHTENED AND WE EVEN WENT ONE STEP FURHTHER AS TO INSTALL A STABILISER TO THE BOW. THE STABILIZER DID NOTHING TO DEADEN THE TINGING NOISE. I AM COMPARING THE ALLEGIANCE AND PATRIOT TO WHAT I CURRENTLY SHOOT A HOYT RAZOR TECH. THE ALLEGIANCE IS DEFINATELY A BETTER DRAWING BOW THAN THE RAZORTECH. THE ALLEGIANCE I CAN SAY WILL BE AT LEAST 10FPS FASTER THAN THE RAZOR TEC. BUT I WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE NOISE FACTOR OF THE ALLEGIANCE. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS SHOT OR PURCHASED AN ALLEGIANCE IF THEY EXPERIENCED THE SAME TYPE OF NOISE PROBLEM. COMPARING THE ALLEGIANCE TO THE PATRIOT THE PATRIOT IS A MUCH MORE QUIET BOW. IM STILL UNDECIDED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH DEMO

The noise was more than likely due to a loose screw somewhere... esp if it was a metallic "tinging" sound like you describe.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:12 AM

I am not sure what the noise could be. The shop owner should definetly get that checked out because I can assure you, the Allegiance is anything but a loud bow. That was one of the things that really stood out when I shot it, the lack of noise!
Old 01-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm still waiting for my shop to get their new BowTech line in ,I really want to try one out just to see for myself whether this bow is for me or not ,i'm just afraid that I'll bring one home with me after I shoot it .The one thing that my dealer told me about the new Allegiance is that they are only bringing in one because the bow doesn't have modules it's a fixed draw length and you get what you order .I'm not sure how true this is but if I buy a 28" draw I can only sell it to one who shoot's that exact draw length .I'm hoping someone can tell me whether this is true or not.

nubo
Old 01-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nubo.

You just need to replace the cams for different DL's. I could be wrong but I heard something like $60 to swap cams to change DL. Like I said I only heard $60 maybe you could email Pat and find out the price for sure.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's Justin!

I was thinking large money when it comes to changing the cam's ,this does make thing's a little tougher to trade up or to selling your bow ,I'm sure this is the way Mathew's does it and I'm not so sure I like this approach that BowTech has made . But then again it's not that often us BowTechy's want to get rid of our bow's either.

nubo
Old 02-02-2005, 06:31 PM

This is true - the Allegiance is a one size fits one bow. That's why you buy a Liberty
Only cheapie modules to change out when changing the DL.

Greg
Old 02-02-2005, 07:54 PM

I just purchased my new Allegiance this past Saturday and have been in the shop several times before to shoot it and have experienced no tinging noise and very little noise period. I have even had about a half a dozen other people stand beside the bow when shot to give me their opinion on the noise and have had nothing but positive feed back.You should probably try a different Allegiance.I have been a diehard Hoyt man for the past 4 years and have had the RazorTec and recently shot the X-Tec and loved them all. This BowTech is by far the fastest bow I've ever owned. I have a 28''DL and it is hard to get alot of speed like that but not with this bow. I have it set on 70# and am shooting a 353 grain arrow and chronographed it at a blazing 305fps about 30fps faster than my X-Tec with the same arrow weight,draw length,and poundage so I think you could probably expect alot more than a 10fps increase from your RazorTech. Then end result is that you get a bow that fits and feels the best to you though. GOOD LUCK!