Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 what is a good bow to buy? >

what is a good bow to buy?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

what is a good bow to buy?

Old 01-19-2005, 07:24 PM

Default what is a good bow to buy?

im looking to buy a new bow for this season but i dont wana have to sell a kidney to get out of debt tho. does anyone know a good bow company that sells quality bows that dont take that much tinkering to shoot good and that are cheap?

thanks caleb
Old 01-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is a good bow to buy?

Reflex. Has the same cams as the more expensive hoyts.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know a friend of mine just bought the Reflex Grizzly with sight,arrow rest and quiver for under 400.00 .But if i were you start by setting your budget and then go check all the bow's that fit your price range ,but go with the bow that feel's the best for you because your nieghbor shoot's a Martin and it was cheap doesn't mean that the Martin will siut you .Do you know what I mean?

Good luck choosing your new bow. Somewhere on this forum I have more detailed letter on how to choose your bow ,I'm just not sure which it is.

nubo
Old 01-20-2005, 07:11 PM

Go to www.parkerbows.com they are the most bow for the money, and you can get a bow outfitted for under 500.00
git r done
Old 01-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Martin Gold Series for sure are a good value, long with Parker, Darton and others. It boils down to what you want to spend. Then take time to shoot many bows within your price range to see how they compare. And don't be araind to ask questions.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:44 AM

The Mathews FX is a good little bow as are the new Diamonds by Bowtech. Don't rule out Reflex, Darton, or Pearson. All of these have a good price and are high quality products. After seeing the new Diamonds i woudl have to say they are one of the best buys out there right now. Very nice looking product with a nice price tag!
Old 01-27-2005, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Reflex are good bows and I like them for their solid back walls. Saw one at Dicks last august I think. An 04 grizzly for 150. Kick myself for not buying one but we were on vaction and I was kind've pushing it just to be able to stop, if you no what I mean.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:18 AM

Look around for deals on the better bows.Last spring I got a brand new Hoyt Magnatec for $170 at Dick's.It may be an older model bow,but for my needs,it is well worth the money.I can hit a dime at 12 yards and it is a quiet bow.There are good deals out there if you are at the right place at the right time.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll make ya a good deal on a '04 Hoyt Xtec in great shape?

Old 02-08-2005, 07:27 PM

Well this is my first post here so I'll say Hi I'm Alex I'm completely new to hunting but am very interested. Besides here I post at www.angling101.com which is a hunting and fishing forum mainly for Chicago area people but has members from as far as Washington, Kenosha, Indiana, Southern Illinois and all over. Anyways I'm looking for a bow and the equipment to get started hunting and have been doing a little research. So far I know to check Gat Guns, in Dundee and Archery Custom, in Forest Park. IL Cornfed, what kind of deal would you be selling that Xtec for and what comes with it. Buying used is helpful becasue $$ is an issue and it would be nice to buy off a knowledgable outdoorsmen and not some anybody off of EBAY.