Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Ultrasport

Old 12-29-2004, 02:51 PM

Default Hoyt Ultrasport

I'm planning on buying my first bow soon. I just looked at the 2005 Hoyt Ultrasport. The price for just the bow was $369.99. Does anyone have any information about this bow. It seemed nice to me, but having never shot a real bow before, I really don't have anything to compare it to. Do you think this would be a good starter bow, or is it too much bow for a beginner? I'm also thinking of a Reflex Grizzly or Buckskin, but the shop near me doesn't carry them. I do have hunting experience, but not with a bow. I'm looking foward to the added challenge of bow hunting, and can't wait to get started so I can bowhunt the fall season of 2005. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hoyt Ultrasport

Well first off, Reflex is the same company as Hoyt... So the Reflex's are great bows as well... If your not lookin to spend alot of $$, I would go with either of the ones you mentioned... There are alot of cheaper bows and ones for about the same as you mentined out there, but I wouldn't buy one for nothin... I will refrain from naming then to spare feelings... But for the $$ those are great bows...
Old 12-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt Ultrasport

My son had the 2002 UltraSport and really liked it. He upgraded to the '04 xTec last May. It is a great bow for the money. I would suggest that you try several bows and go with what feels best to you. Good luck and welcome to the boards.