Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Cobra's Shockbuster attachment >

Cobra's Shockbuster attachment

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cobra's Shockbuster attachment

Old 08-11-2002, 10:29 AM

Default Cobra's Shockbuster attachment

Decided I didn't have enough funds to replace my aging stabilizer with a new shock-proof high-tech model this season. But what I did find was this attachment made by Cobra that cost me < $10 which screws in between the stabilizer and riser. Appears to be made from similar materials as the Sims vibration dampeners. Wondered if anyone had any experience with this one, and how far my $10 got me.

Mike
Marietta, GA
Old 08-16-2002, 07:49 AM

Default RE: Cobra's Shockbuster attachment

Well, picked my bow up from the shop and was ready to shoot. First decision I had to make, where to mount the Shockbuster: my quick disconnect mounts to the riser, so it was either remove the disconnect and attach the Shockbuster to the riser, or leave the disconnect and just attach the Shockbuster and then attach the stabilizer. I opted for simplicity and left the disconnect mounted as it was pretty snug. Overall I would say that this gem was worth the investment. It has added some additional quietness and softness to the bow. However, I believe I will opt for removing the disconnect mount and going with a Shockbuster-Disconnect-Stabilizer configuration. The reason is that the rubber gets unevenly compressed (it rides up over the edge of the disconnect) as it is unscrewed and rescrewed to the disconnect mount. I believe it would work better left affixed to the riser and then just quick-disconnect the stabilizer. The problem there is that disconnect is much bigger on the riser side and it may look funny or be unstable at the end of the Shockbuster. Probably would not been an issue with the Cobra disconnect because of its smaller profile, but I already had this one. Will have to play with it. The good thing is that the Shockbuster is only about an inch or two long, so it won't be significant to leave attached. The 10 or 12 inch stabilizer is a pain to leave attached though. Any comments on the mount predicament?

Edited by - mikeram1971 on 08/16/2002 08:54:29