Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hey 5 Shot.....

Old 06-03-2002, 05:42 PM

Default Hey 5 Shot.....

I'm trying to make up my mind on which broadhead I want to use.
I will be shooting a 50-55lb recurve & wood arrows.
I've had bad experinences with replaceable blades so those are not an option. Besides they just don't look right coming out of a recurve on wood arrows

I've used Zwickey Eskimos in the past and the Bear's. I always liked the Eskimos.

I've read some of your reports and found a web site with a bunch of your findings but I can't find it again. I also noticed a comment buy you about the site that were weren't to PC hip. If you want to some help I'll host a page for you and post your test results. Just type it up in WORD or notepad and I'll take care of the rest.

Right now I'm looking at the Modoc and Magnus II 125 grain. I was looking a the Wendel but your report didn't want to make me run out and buy some. Have you tested the Modoc or the Magnus Snuffer.
I usually prefer a two blade but the Magnus Snuffer looks like it might be worth a try.

TIA

Old 06-03-2002, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey 5 Shot.....

I have tested the snuffers. I found the Magnus made ones to be very good. They fly well, and cut a realy large hole! They are also durable, and you can't beat the lifetime guarantee. All the Magnus two blade heads I have tested have also been outstanding. I have not tested the woodsmans yet, But I plan to sometime soon. I did test the delta made snuffers, and they did not do well at all, but Like I said the Magnus made snuffers are very good. With your setup, I would choose a two blade magnus for myself. I was very impressed with them. I would be intrested in having a website to have all my tests on. drop me an email and we can discuss get it started. To be honest the old Bear razorhead is an excellent head also. I haven't tested any of the Modoc heads but they look like good ones, I will see what I can do to get a few samples to try out.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 06-03-2002, 08:26 PM

Thx. for your input. I sent ya an email.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mike FWIW, I shoot the Stos Braodheads out of both my Compound and Recurve, I believe and I have heard (but I cannot confirm) that they are made by Magnus, kind of like the Nugent blade. I shoot the 145 grain out of both. You may want to give them a look.

http://www.bowsite2.com/acb/showdetl...=3344&CATID=69

Also talk to the people on the Traditional Thread, they are a great bunch of guys. An aweful lot of them swear to the Zwickey Eskimos that you are thinking about.