Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cobra EZ Slide Sight

Old 05-26-2002, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cobra EZ Slide Sight

I purchased this sight at the beginning of this year, and have used it quite a bit through the spring. It is a sliding, one pin sight system. Aluminum construction, smooth sliding lever. I especially like the large aperture, it lines up great when looking through the peep. The sight comes standard with a .040" green pin, which should show up great in low light hunting situations. .030" pins of various colors are available as options. My previous sight pin was a .030", but I didn't notice any increase of group size in going with the larger pin. The sight bar locks in securely, and the sight makes no noise or vibration whatsoever. The plastic aperture is protected by an aluminum housing, and the no-tool, micro-adjustable windage made sighting in quick and painless. This has been the best sight that I have ever owned, with all the features that I could want. If your looking for a one pin system, I think you will be pleased.
Old 05-26-2002, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cobra EZ Slide Sight

I purchased this same sight a few months ago. As of now I am very pleased with it overall. I think it makes an excellent sight, for all the reasons you stated.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 05-26-2002, 08:02 PM
CG

Any luck finding a quiver that would work...I loved the sight but gave up on it after trying several bow mounted quivers that wouldn't work or the spacers stuck out to far for my taste.....

"What we do in this life echos an eternity"
Old 05-27-2002, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

CG,
I just put my Kwikee Kwiver on with no problems. I ran some longer bolts through the quiver mount, through the spacers,and then through the sight mount holes themselves, rather than using the separate quiver mounting holes. In other words, the quiver mounting bolts also mount the sight to the bow. This is how my old sight was attached, and worked well. Don't worry that the holes in the sight are countersunk. The spacers will self-align in the center of the hole. If the spacers are too long, they should be able to be easily sanded down, or you could cut your own from some plastic tubing to any length that you need. I hope all of this made sense. It's not as complicated as I made it sound.
Good luck,
Charlie

Edited by - Trebark on 05/27/2002 07:30:37
Old 05-27-2002, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a two peice quiver on all my bows. basicly I had to "customize" one for my Rampage, but it works very well now. I have a Muzzy ZE rest as well, so I needed a bit more clearance than most. I agree witht the one piece quivers sticking out a bit far for my taste as well. I shoot a bit better without a bow mounted quiver, but you just can't beat all the benifits they provied, for me at least.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS