Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cobra Easy Slide ?

Old 02-21-2004, 06:02 PM

Default Cobra Easy Slide ?

After sighting in my new Razortec, I found that the pin gap maybe a little too tight for multiple pins. I talked to Big Country and he said he liked the Cobra Easy Slide single pin sight. I started looking into it but can't get any definate answers. Can this sight be used on a left handed bow with the pin coming up from the bottom like a right handed model? Can the pin be moved to be on a horizontal plane? What size is the pin that comes with it and is it replaceable with a regular TKO or Tru-Glo pin of my choice? Nobody I found sells this in a left handed model. One web site says the pin is moveable and the other says No. One seller on Ebay said it can only be used for right handed bows. Does anyone have any experience with this sight?
BTW, I emailed Cobra a couple of days ago and no one has got back to me yet.
Thanks
Bob
Old 02-21-2004, 06:25 PM

Default RE: Cobra Easy Slide ?

I have 3 of the Easy Slide sights and I don't see why you can't use one for right or left. The Cobra name will be upside down is the only thing that won't look right. You can replace the pin to the "up" position very easy on this sight. The original fiber optic pin is .029" I believe but they aren't very bright for hunting in deep timber in low light conditions. For all my hunting I'm going to go back to 3 fixed pins due to having to "fuss" with it at the "moment of truth"[:@] The Easy Slide is a very well made sight and solid as a rock
Old 02-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Electra-Slide. This is my 2nd season with it and I like it a lot. It stays bright long enough that you will have a hard time seeing it through your peep. And if it does get dark enough you cant see it, then just turn the light on. I don't see why you couldn't use it left handed. I guess the only thing I don't like about it is the lack of a bright orange oe luminescent stripe around the ring. That's why I'm either going with a Copper John or Vital Bow Gear sight.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:29 PM

I can agree with everything wwag said except about the brightness! The sun went down about 10 -15 min ago, and to dark to shoot a deer. But i can still see my pin, bearly.(sp). Many times i go out and shoot till dark! IMO it's plenty bright. Mine is the extreme slide for 03. ? maybe it's different then what the others have......

fishon
Old 02-21-2004, 07:55 PM

Thanks guys. I understand that the Cobra logo will be upside down. But if I mount the pin for a left handed shooter won't the pin be facing down towards me or backwards if it is facing up. Unless there is 4 holes all around the sight where I could mount it in different locations.(top, bottom,left side, right side) Thanks again.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:48 PM

Yes the Easy Slide Extreme with the 3 feet or fiber optic is much brighter than the "short" pins on mine. I just checked and the Cobra name on the side of the sight is a vinyl stick-on and can be carefully peeled off and re-applied if you want
Old 02-21-2004, 09:56 PM

I've got one. I don’t know if it matters but mine is a ‘03 model. I believe the sight pin is a .029” and I wouldn’t think brightness should be concern for anyone. This thing will have you hunting long before/after it’s legal, before and after daylight. However, its looks to me like you'll need a left-handed model. The sight can definitely be “flipped” over and shot as a left-hand sight but the sight pin will be upside down. The “windage arm” (holds the sight pin assembly) is machined for micro adjustments and can not be rotated/flipped to reverse the placement of the sight pin. The clear “hood” which holds the fiber optic strand and sight pin looks to be pressed in. At least to say I see no visible screws/set screws holding it in. Therefore, this piece may be able to be removed and rotated 90-180 degrees per your preference. The actual pin is held in with a set screw and is removable for repair only. I don’t think an “aftermarket” pin will work, at least none that I know of.

Hope this helped,
Toby
Old 02-22-2004, 05:37 PM

I think I found what I was looking for.

I pulled out my 03 Archery Experts catalog and found it. There must be a couple different models for sale from the last couple of years. Hopefully they still have this one in stock. Thanks for your replies.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:27 PM

The one you have pictured is the "old" model that I have. You can remove the whole plastic ring that houses the sight pin and fiber and rotate it 180 degrees or you can remove the sight pin and place it in two other positions.