Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

CSS Bows

Old 05-17-2002, 11:12 AM
Spike

Default CSS Bows

Does anyone have any info good or bad on these guys? I've never heard of them before just curious. Thanks in advance for your help.
http://www.customshootingsystems.com/
Old 05-17-2002, 01:31 PM

Default RE: CSS Bows

Actually I haven't shot one of their bows but they are a really good company!! If I didn't get a hoyt, CSS was lookin good on a new bow to pick!!!
Old 05-17-2002, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Their bows do look good. I liked the eclipse. However, I am wondering about their customer service. I e-mailed them three times to get dealer location information and NEVER got a response back. I even checked into their co-op program. No response. Heck of a way to promote a product. Guess my money is no good!
Old 05-19-2002, 04:32 PM
tm
Fork Horn

I've shot several and liked the way they shot, the customer service deal has been with them awhile. I even talked to the owner at a 3D tournamnet about a dealership and was to get a dealer paket etc. Never heard from them. Also tried to contact them several times and never got anybody. Wonder if it isn't kinda a hobby or something with them.

Old 05-20-2002, 09:32 AM

CSS is a great bow! the company is going through many changes at the present time they are in the process of moving the company and they just hired a new national sales manager Steve Decker and he is moving to West Virgina from Michigan so they have many things going on at this time. These bows are truly a custom bow like the name says. they make them one at a time to the exact specs of the shooter if you order a 60lb bow at 28" it will come at those specs exactly and I dont know of any other company that will do that. The owner Chuck Nease will not put a bow out of the factory that does not meet their specs. I just recently passed on store contracts for bowtech or Martin archery and all the discounts that they would give me to shoot for their shop so I could shoot a CSS bow and I would not do that unless I felt they were the best bow out there. This is a GREAT company with a GREAT product give them a chance you will not be dissapointed. Remember also that the owner is also a shooter the best time to get ahold of him is probally through the week. give him a call or email them and tell them Clarence from pa sent you. cebpa <><
Old 05-21-2002, 03:49 PM
Spike

Excellant bows , each one is custom built to the buyers specs .Though not the fastest or flashiest on the market i will say they are some of the more shootable out there . As far as the service issues they are a thing of the past and should not ever be a problem again . Email me if you have any questions or need any assistance with them if i cant help Ill be more than happy to get you in contact with those that can .

Old 05-25-2002, 08:38 PM

I've been shooting these bows for 4 years now and think they are some of the best bows around. I set up a customers Swampmaster 32 and the guy is getting and honest 322 fps and shoots groups in a small little pile. Chucks been running a one man show the last couple years.He hired a new guy named Steve Decker thats real agressive.There bows are well worth the money.