Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
BT Patriot 1st impression >

BT Patriot 1st impression

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BT Patriot 1st impression

Old 04-02-2002, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default BT Patriot 1st impression

I just got back from the long drive to get my Patriot.
Ok was the wait and 2 1/2 hour drive one way worth it??

Answer: you bet it only took me one shot to fall in love with this bow
it is set up with cats whiskers but did not really need them I also had limb savers installed once again the bow really did not need them.
There is no hand shock or vibration at all.
I had the poundage backed off to 64lb and remeasured my draw length back to 28" very comfortable.
after the bow was set up with string loop, BoDoodle Pro Lite rest, my sights, the LS and cats whiskers it was time to put it through the crono 1st shot 279 2nd 280 3rd 279
The bow does not feel it is shooting that fast and the only noise was the "click" of my release.
My hunting buddy who went down with me commented to me that he should have waited and that it was a lot quiter than his Havotec.
I will finish the sighting in tomorrow and go shoot it indoor tomorrow night
I will also do a full report in a week after I have put it through its paces a little more and the inital love of the bow fades a little.

Old 04-03-2002, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BT Patriot 1st impression

Let the love flow, Ausie!! I like mine better each time I shoot it. I'd like to crono mine. How heavy an arrow? What did the paper that came with your's say? Have fun, Enjoy. I can't sleep tonight.

Phil.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Phil

The dealer cut 2" off my arrows to fit the bow so I do not know the exact weight I will weigh them tonight they where 377 grains.

the spec sheet says peak weight 70.8lb 28" draw arrow 350 grains speed 300
Old 04-07-2002, 05:11 AM

would like to hear more about these Bowtech's.Ihave been contimplating buying one.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

jim36, check them out. You won't be disappointed. I have 2 and love them. A Patriot and a Mighty Mite. JeffB did a review on the Patriot. Very well done by someone who knows bows. It's on this forum somewhere. When you shoot the Pat you won't believe the speed, given the absence of recoil and vibration. I wish it was a little lighter. 4 1/4 lb. The Mighty Mite is faster, a little more viration and recoil. 3 1/2 lb. Both are very quiet. The Pat a little moreso. Both are 7" or more brace height and pretty forgiving. Both are very accurate. Not cheap, but I feel you get what you pay for. At least shoot them, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Phil.

Old 04-07-2002, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jim

Before I got my Pat. I would have test fired about 30 different bows
none of them came close to the Patriot.
Just like I said above it only took 1 shot of the Patriot and I was hooked and had the cash out to buy it.

But whether or not it is the bow for you I cant say you will have to test it for yourself cause what feels good to me might fell right to you.

Like Phil said you really dont get the impression that the Patriot is shooting fast no hand shock no recoil and no noise

Phil
you was right the more I shoot it the more I love it have put 200 arrows through it so far and I still get that WOW feeling