Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Phantom first impression!! >

Phantom first impression!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Phantom first impression!!

Old 08-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Spike

Default Phantom first impression!!

Just got a chance to shoot a tenpoint Phantom for the first time at the Deerassic outdoor expo in southern Ohio, Man was i impressed!!,aside from the weight of the bow itself the trigger,width and pure power of the bow was awesome, i know some are faster but this model is cool looking too, does anyone share my opinions of this model and have you shot it also??
Old 08-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Phantom first impression!!

Just curious, how many other xbows have you shot?
Old 08-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Ten Point QX4, 2004 model. I would LOVE to go buy the Phantom. But,,,,,I like married life too! Oh, but if I was a single man, I'd buy two of em. One of em for just Sundays. LOL
BBO
Old 08-05-2007, 07:57 PM

I also just got to shoot the Phantom as well as the Stryker xbow. I've been fortunate to have been able to shootHortons, Barnetts, Excaliburs, Ten Points and Parkers;either from my owning them or hunting buddies that do. I presentlyown and hunt witha 2006 Parker Terminator. Like you, I was impressed with both the speed and the short limb radius of the Phantom. It will definitely let you shoot around a tree trunk from a tree stand. But I also found it extremely heavy, too. The Stryker was a little faster and it's limbs are a little wider than the Phantom and I liked it a little better. It's not as heavy and is a little more adjustable for arm length. It's cocking mechanism is hidden under a shroud that also makes a nice cheek stock. Plus the cocking mechanism also allows you to decock the xbow without having to fire a bolt into the ground. The Stryker also comes with a stringer that allows you to change strings in the field with its cocking mechanism so you don't have to pay a pro shop to change strings anymore. Of course that is also one advantage of the Excalibur xbow. The scooped outstocks on the Ten Points, Hortons and Xcals just don't feel comfortable to me. My Parker is molded like a rifle stock and I like that type of stock. I know there isn't any recoil to amount to anything so it is just a personal preference of mine. I've notice some of the upper end Horton's are putting molded cheekpieces on their stocks so maybe others have voiced the same opinion. I guess if I had the money for one of those xbows I'd probably buy the Stryker over the Phantom but again that is just my personal preference based onmy comparison of the two.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Spike

yes i've been an avid compound and crossbow archer for 17 years i've had hortons,a barnett once and then on to tenpoints, i've had the huntsman first before the name change then a stealth x-2 which i currently shoot, i have shot the pro-elites and i got to shoot a vixen and the new bowtech, i just like the tenpoint phantom i shot with and without the steady eddy monopod, its a 4 once difference heavier than my stealth, not so bad i like the feel and the shot shock, jmo.........speed.........
Old 08-08-2007, 11:40 AM

Yeah, the Phantom I shot had the monopod attached to it andalthough I didn't use itI guess it does add some considerable weight. Since I was shooting a pro-shop's xbow I didn't think they would have appreciated me taking the monopod off to shoot it. On the plus side it sure was fast and had a very short limb radius for tree stand hunting.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

The Phantom is over a lb lighter then the Stryker as well.