Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Badlands Monster Fanny Pack >

Badlands Monster Fanny Pack

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Badlands Monster Fanny Pack

Old 11-01-2004, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Badlands Monster Fanny Pack

I have been searching for quite some time for a nice pack. I have went through 3 packs in the last two years. Admitingly, 2 were field line packs and 1 was a Cabelas pack. I always preferred the fanny packs with the shoulder straps. Needless to say the ones I used left a lot to be desired. Either they squeaked walking, or they simply tore under heavy loads and were uncomfortable and noisy to wear.

Saturday I went to Cabelas and looked at some other packs. I really wanted to take a look a Badlands packs in particular. Well, one look and I was sold.

The Badlands monster fanny pack:

This pack is bomb proof. They use the best stitching, heavy duty zippers and a very nice set of shoulder straps. The real cool thing about the straps is that they have their own pocket to store them in if you don't need them. If you need them, just unzip the compartment, snap two buckles in place and off you go. On all the zippers, they have big, rubber covers on them to make them easy to grab a hold of. They have extremely thing padding in the lumbar area and on the hip as well. On thing I really noticed upon playing with it is the fact that when hanging on a hook in the tree, this pack doesn't want to lean forward if you want to leave the top compartment unzippered. This is because the pack has a delron rod frame around the top lid. Even when unzipped it doesn't lean forward spilling you good onto the ground. It also keeps the top open 3 or 4 inches for easy access.

The other cool feature is the "glove box" front compartment. If you open it, it has mesh sides that keep the front from flipping too far forward and dumping everything.

The icing on the cake is their warrenty. Unconditional lifetime warrenty. They don't even care if your dog chews it up. They'll fix it or replace it. Can't beat that.

I haven't used this pack in the woods yet, but I can tell its a winner. Sure, they are pricey, but I was really sick of spending half the money and getting half the pack and not being happy with it.

Take a look at Badlands packs if your shopping for a new one. You won't be disapointed
Old 11-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Badlands Monster Fanny Pack

Here here on the Badlands pack. I just bought the Superday backpack. This is an amazing pack. I bought it for the built in bow carrying capability and hydration bladder since soem of the stands I hunt are over a mile from camp and we hike in. The amount of room in the pack is unbelievable as well. I would venture to say that with my bow strapped to the pack that it weighs a good 30#. It feels like your not carrying even close to that weight. And you are absolutely correct about it being heavy duty, everything is overbuilt. The lifetime unconditional warranty was just the icing on the cake. They are not a cheap pack, but theoretically, it should be the last one you have to buy.

I put the Monster Fanny on my Christmas wish list for those times when I don't need a full blown backpack.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:45 AM

Hey guys,

Go here for a good deal on the Badlands fanny pack:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/archery-experts/gifcer.html

Good luck!
Old 11-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I seen that while shopping. The only thing about the Beast I didn't care for was that it didn't have shoulder straps.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

I too went with the Badlands Monster this year and haven't looked back.