Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt ultramag

Old 10-07-2004, 05:29 PM

Default Hoyt ultramag

I am thinking about purchasing a hoyt ultramag and need some info on the bow
im 14 and would like a bow i can grow into
any insight on this bow would be greatly appreciated
thanks
P.S. Dont have all the money in the world so i need a bow that is a great bargain
Old 10-22-2004, 04:32 PM

Default RE: Hoyt ultramag

goose21, I just bought this bow earlier this week and man am I impressed. I paid $450 for the bow itself and then added limbsavers, stabalizer and quiver. Really quiet and FAST. This is the same bow as the Ultratec, but has the Magnesuim riser instead of aluminum. I would go for it if you haven't already decided on something else!

Good luck!
Old 10-22-2004, 10:07 PM

Hey goose. The only advise I can offer would be to get a bow that is going to be able to change to how much you grow. I'm not sure about the UltraMag because I havent spent a lot of time with Hoyt, but just make sure the bow will be able to move up in draw length and weight without much money or a lot of parts.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:36 PM

I agree with bugleboy goose21.I love my UltraMag.It's got speed,it's quiet,and it feels awesome!!. I think you would be happy with it.But if you are worried about money they make one more under the UltaMag called a Ultrasport,it has a solid glass limb