Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoyt UltraMag... >

Hoyt UltraMag...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt UltraMag...

Old 05-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Spike

Default Hoyt UltraMag...

who here shoots one? Im going to pick up mine next saturday i hope!
hows the bow work for u? i have heard it is a very nice smooth bow, is this true?
Old 05-07-2005, 06:19 PM

Default RE: Hoyt UltraMag...

I shoot a UltraMag. I Bought it a couple months ago and have no complaints about it. I think it is more accurate than I am. And with stock string leeches and alpha shox I think it is pretty darn quite out of the box. These bows have almost all the same features as the bows costing more and that is why I bought it. Though some guys have to have the newest or the very top of the line to think they are worth a damn. But I don't think the more expensive hoyts have much more to offer except some ego boosting. So enjoy I know I am.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:18 PM

I am a huge advocate of the UltraMag, and I'll tell you why. If you compare numbers, speed, that sort of thing, the UltraMag puts out the same performance as a higher end bow. It has the exact same cams, the same riser design, limb design, everything. OK, sure, we don't have all the bells and whistles, but who needs whistles? We get the ribbed cast magnesium riser as opposed to machined aluminum, fast flight strings and cables as opposed to the .....oh......can't think of it...but I just put new cables on mine, cost me $27. If I would have the other ones, nearly $100. Ticks me off I can't think of the other cables....hmmm....I'll think of it...but look, this is the smoothest shooting, quietest bow. You will love it. For the money, you absolutely, positively can't beat it.

edit: As a sidenote, if you look at the UltraSport, you get 5 feet per second less IBO rating, and spend $80 less. The only difference in the two is the limbs. The Mag has carbon limbs, the sport has glass limbs. The only benefit, IMO, to carbon is that they are impervious to temperature change.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Spike

the one i am getting is a left over from 2004, its only costing me 450 + tax, comes to 517.50, i cant wait to get the bow... pickin er up next saturday, and doing some shooting with a Nova Scotia Archery Coach, then on sunday im going to a 3d shoot! should be fun!
Old 05-08-2005, 07:28 PM

I picked my up a few months ago, $410. I went with the cheaper bow cause as everyone else is saying its still awesome, and it leaves extra cash for high quality rest and sites. I mounted an apa twister safari and a cobra sidewinder on it and i absolutely love this thing. Whenever i buy a new bow, probably 5 or more years down the road, it wouldn't surprise me if i just bought another ultra mag. smooth, quiet, fast, forgiving. you get everything hoyt has to offer for a lower cause cause of the magnesium riser that doesn't bother me at all. Why is the magnesium riser even cheaper? there has to be some downside to them.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:55 AM

Congratulations on the new bow. I hope that you are as pleased with your UltraMag as I am with mine.

I bought my UltraMag last summer and love it. I expect to be shooting this bow for quite some time. I can envision myself possibly upgrading sights or stabilizers or some other accessory over the next year or two, but I can't imagine wanting to part with this bow.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

I have a local shop offering this bow as a package for $500. not a bad deal. I would buy it if my older hoyt (mt sport) gave me any reason to buy it. I have never been so content with a bow. sure it isn't the fastest, but it is one accurate little shooter. I just had a string and bus cables put on. went to a peep after 15 years of shooting. I couldn't ask anything more from this bow. my local pro shop owner said 'that is one quiet little bow' (it is one thing I strive for over almost everything else). I told him it sounded loud to me because it had no cat whiskers...he just looked at me a bit funny. I really do like the hoyt line though. I'd be hard pressed to go anywhere else.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:22 AM
oam

I bought an UltraMag about 8+ months ago - shoots great. I bought my son (14) an UltraSport about 2 months ago and that one has been working good for him as well. We pushed a good amount of arrows through them and they still shoot like day one.

All things considered the UltraMag/Sport just seemed to make sense.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Spike

I GOT IT shots great!! i love the 75% let off!! will be awesome for hunting! still getting used to the new release and the smaller handle but i love the bow! 3D tomorrow cant wait!!
Old 05-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Spike

wow... i shot a 3d target last night at 20 yards i was useally in the 10 ring, 30 yards i was either in the 10 ring or the 8 ring, i got a 10X a few times, my 40 yard pin loosened up and its off now, but ill see if i can get it sighted in today before the 3d shoot! i love this bow! im starting to get used to the bow now and it shoots like a dream, ill see if i can get pics of the 3D shoot today!

Quick Reply: Hoyt UltraMag...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.