Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Lone Wolf Sit and Climb while bowhunting? >

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb while bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb while bowhunting?

Old 08-02-2004, 03:49 PM

Default RE: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb while bowhunting?

Doug,

Where did you get the seat from? The old seat is the only complaint that I have about that stand.

Thanks.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: DougE

Cost is a relative thing.I've blown alot of money on different treestands over the years before settling on the Lonewolf.If you get ten years out of it,that 100 bucks breaks down to 10 dollars a year.I found my hand climber for $229 last year over the internet,I wish I could remember the place but it was about $70 less than any one else.I have seen the hand climber in stores around here for $275.
Cost is relative and I have never owned a climbing stand of any kind. Regardless of price, I am qurious WHY the LW is better than the Summit.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can get the new seat directly from LW.

Why is the LW better than the summit?That's easy.It used to be the only thing the Summit had over the LW was comfort.They no longer have that advantage.I'm not saying the Summit is a bad stand but this is why the LW is better.First,there is absolutely no comparison as far as quitness goes.The LW is much quieter setting up,climbing and shifting your weight around in.The attchement sytem is much easier and more adjustable with the LW.The summit can be noisy snaking the cable through the tube in the stand and it only adjusts in 3 inch increments.In short,it's noisier and harder to get the right angle on the tree.I also don't like the way the seat on the Summit doesn't slide back when you stand to shoot.Last ,the LW is much more packable and less bulky to carry through the brush.

Both stands climb easily.Both are stable and now both are very comfortable.The lone wolf wins every other category hands down.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I got the stand today and I am very pleased. The seat will flip back with the long straps but it won't push back because one of the straps is in front of the guide rail. I'm going to rig it so I can sit up higher for bow season and lower for gun by putting detachable conecting straps around the top. All in all I think this is an awesome stand and is definately worth the money. I had a summit and this stand is far superior.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Fork Horn

Just recieved my Summit Goliath X4 a few days ago,,been up and down the tree in my backyard about a dozen times already (this past few days) doing extended sits ,,shooting the bow and i gotta tell ya that is the most comfortable thee most solid stand climber i've ever owned,, it may be just a wee bit on the heavy as far as packing but i don't usually have that far to go to locate a good area and besides i'd sacrifice a little extra wieght for a good roomy and comfortable climber.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations Nuge, I know you won't be disappointed. As for me, I am going to order the new seat for mine.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cougar your going to definately want to modify the seat somehow. As it is now it has really long straps that make the seat flop and twist around. Also theres no way to hold it back while your climbing so you have to rig something that will hold it back. I think they did an awesome job they might have just ran out of time making the new seat for this year. I wouldn't be suprised if they modified it for next year. Also how do you adjust the backpack straps while its on your back.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Also how do you adjust the backpack straps while its on your back.
Not clear on your question perhaps but, I can't adjust the straps while its on my back. I have to adjust the straps before I hoist the stand onto my back. By the way..I have the padded backpack straps, perhaps they are different.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you just let them hang and blow in the wind when your hunting?
Old 08-04-2004, 02:01 AM
Fork Horn

Hey }} },,for extra comfort get some of those closed cell foam pads, you know the kind that little kids like to beat each other up with,,get the closed ones not the split kind just long and big enough to fit over your existing straps and they are real comfortable.

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb while bowhunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.