Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Lone Wolf Sit and Climb while bowhunting? >

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb while bowhunting?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb while bowhunting?

Old 07-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lone Wolf Sit and Climb while bowhunting?

If I place the seat hight enough on a sit and climb will I be able to bowhunt w/o the sides affecting my shot?
Old 07-30-2004, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb while bowhunting?

I don't have the new seat and backrest like you will have but, this is part of the reason I didn't like the Summit I had tried out. Its easier to shoot while sitting down from the Lone Wolf than it is in a Summit.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

theNUGE15........I've been thinking the same thing........I can't decide between the sit and climb or hand climber. My fear (with any climber) is the the rails that hold up the seat and on some models, the armrests, will get inthe way of the bow. Will the riser hit on some shots?

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2004, 11:00 PM

Well guys,
After using the Lonewolf Alpha hand climber for a while, I finally got tired of a sore back, and went back to my Summit.
Yes, the Lonewolf is perfect for bowhunting. It is TRULY quiet, compact, EASY to transport, and provides for a perfect bow shot every time, however, it just isn't a comfortable stand. Even if you use a better cushion, it still hurts your back after only a short time.
You just can't make a stand of this nature as comfortable as a Summit (or similar) type stand. Heck, even a Summit will hurt your back after so many hours.
Anyhow, they are both good stands, but I have been bowhunting out of the Summit Viper (and now the new X4) for a while, and I just stand up on every shot and there is no problem with interference.
This has just been my experience with the two.
NOW,
You asked about the sit and climb, and not the hand climber, and I've always wanted to try that model out, as I know it is more comfortable than the hand climber, but still not that of a Summit.
I think it is also an excellent stand, but you've got to decide if standing up and shooting is right for you, and also if long sits with back pain are ok with you too!
One day they will have the perfect stand out (maybe!).
Old 08-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

You may have jumped the gun too fast.I just got the new LW replacement seat last week.It's every bit as comfortable as the summit but it folds back real nice when you stand to shoot.It does hang below the side rails so it's tough to shoot sitting down unless the deer is directly in front of you or slightly off to the side.In my opinion,the only thing any other stand had over the lw was comfort.Not any more.The new seat is very confortable and gives excellent back support.

I personally don't like side rails when I bowhunt so I usually use the hand climber top.I will use the new sit and climb top in rifle season because it allows me to sit all day and the side rails act as a decent support when you shoot to the left.I just adjust the top low enough so I can shoot with my elbows supported on my knees for strait away shots.The competotion diesn't even compare to LW since they added this new seat.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

DougE you can't raise the seat on the lone wolf?
Old 08-02-2004, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Doug, what does the LW replacement seat cost?
Old 08-02-2004, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The seat it's self is not adjustable.I believe they made the straps long enough so it slides all the way back when you stand to shoot.That bothered me at first but I'd rather be able to slide the seat back than sit closer to the rails.Besides that,having the seat lower allows you to use the side rails as a nice armrest.

The new seat comes as a kit with new hardwear for $29.It takes about three minutes to swap.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:06 AM

You know, for several months I have been going back and forth between Summit and LW. It seems like Summit has really made some changes in their product line to compete directly with LW, like the Bullet Backpacker.

I guess my question is whether the LW is really $100 better than the Backpacker or one of the other comparable products?
Old 08-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cost is a relative thing.I've blown alot of money on different treestands over the years before settling on the Lonewolf.If you get ten years out of it,that 100 bucks breaks down to 10 dollars a year.I found my hand climber for $229 last year over the internet,I wish I could remember the place but it was about $70 less than any one else.I have seen the hand climber in stores around here for $275.

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb while bowhunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.