Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Who makes a good womans bow???? >

Who makes a good womans bow????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Who makes a good womans bow????

Old 07-11-2004, 11:08 AM

Default Who makes a good womans bow????

I recently bought my wife a parker chalenger, 30-40#. I bought it because it was a really good deal at a local shop.She didnt want to spend much in case she didnt like it. Well she has shot it 4 times, and can now stack the arrows in a 2 inch group at 20 yards. I am SO Impressed that I am now thinking I should have bought her a little better bow. The challenger although it shoots well for her, it is a little slow, and looks small for her, although she is only 5'5" and 120. What do you think, should I buy 40-50# limbs for the challenger, or buy her a diffrent bow. My thoughts are if I am going to get her a better bow, I should do so now, and let her learn that bow, not let her learn this one, and then change it! Who makes a good modle for a woman?? Thanks for any help. Bill
Old 07-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who makes a good womans bow????

If she's shooting it good.. why change it?
Old 07-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd leave things alone for now. Let her learn how to shoot consistently and accurately. What's the hurry to bump up the weight? Maybe she won't be able to handle more and will lead to bad habits, and eventually frustration. The Challenger is a fine little bow. Let her enjoy it, and the sport of archery.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:21 PM

I would like to get her in the stand, and would like to have her shooting the best bow she can. I was wondering if I should try to get her something a little faster so that the deer dont try to jump the string.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

The deer will jump the string at 350fps also. Just make sure the bow is quiet and that she doesn't shoot at deer that are already alarmed.

I think the bow will be just fine... very nice bow to learn on. Let her get used to shooting that bow.. and she'll grow more consistant. I think you'll do more harm than good if you start changing things around for something "better".