Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What's the difference?

Old 05-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default What's the difference?

I remember posting a thread, and I beloeve that orhers have asked about these as well, about two different broadheads last year, the Tri-Triska and Sonoran. Both or which have a delayed blade deployment system very close to being identical to the new hypershock. The tri-triska have blades that are sharp on both edges so thet they will actually cut a small hole upon entrance until the blades fold back.

These two heads got some really unfavorable opinions about them last yeat. It was the general consensus that no broadhead should have delayed blade deployment and that they should not be used. Most agreed that it was just the next gimmic.

So why all of a sudden this year the hypershock is all the rage? Am I missing something here? Is it because they look neato or marketing or what. They claim that this is the "latest in broadhead technology" but this has been around for quite a while now.

So why is the hypershock so great and these other two were junk?

Here is a link to one of the threads that Rack attack started. I can't find the one that I started about the tri-triska as it was before the revamp of the site early in 2003.
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...onoran&#284855

Old 05-07-2004, 10:42 PM
nub

Default RE: What's the difference?

Theres some discussion about them HERE . I think it starts around the bottom of the first page.