Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 phoenix 32 or pearson dagger. >

phoenix 32 or pearson dagger.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

phoenix 32 or pearson dagger.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:44 AM

Default phoenix 32 or pearson dagger.

wanting to get some expert advise from you guys on these bows.
parker is more popular in this area but that does not mean they are better. looking for a smooth draw for a short draw archer of about 27 in with a low wrist grip.
compared the 2 on the net and see that the dagger has more brace height and about the same ibo rating.dont know about the draw cycle on these 2 bows and there quietness.
i hear alot about the pearsons and that they have come along way. i dont want something that is going to jump out of your hand if you decide to let down on your draw.
what do you think have any of you had a chance to shoot these bows by chance. i hear alot about the parker handles not being to great and from the view on the net it looks like pearson has a good long straight grip for a low wrist shooter
thanks alot!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:16 PM

Default RE: phoenix 32 or pearson dagger.

I am by no means a expert but I did recently compare the 2 at Bass Pro. Both were set at approx 70#'s, I believe tho the dagger was a little higher. The dagger has been on my short list of bows so I was excited to finally get a chance to play with one. The grip is great, but the draw felt awfully rough for a $600 bow. I commented on that to the salesman, he handed me the Pheonix 32. WOW what difference that was what I expect out of a $600 bow as far as smoothness. I didn't much like the grip tho. It was like a Handgun grip that bulges in the wrong place for my hands. You might love it. I didn't get a chance to shoot either since I was short of time.
I am still willing to give the Dagger a chance in case something was off with that bow, but first impressions weren't real good as far as draw goes.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have the phoenix 32 and I have to say that I love it all except the grip. Some people love the grip though. It is a smooth drawing, shock free bow and is pretty fast to boot. Their customer service is second to none as well.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:30 PM

I like the Parker better out of those 2 bows. Parker makes a great bow.