Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The big Three? is that it? >

The big Three? is that it?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The big Three? is that it?

Old 05-30-2004, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The big Three? is that it?

Kelincp,

From a pure craftsmanship standpoint, the big 3 bows are Bowman, Merlin, and Barnsdale.
But they are mostly used by target shooters with a few shooters using them for hunting.
Merlin builds a couple of fine hunting bows though in the Max Extreme and Quest 35.
As far as a bow for hunting, get the one that appeals to you.
They basically all use Gordon limbs and similar components.
Not a great deal of difference.
Merlin Max Extreme would be my choice in a new hunting bow.

Sag.

Old 05-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think most would agree that "the big three" are probably the best sellers. I think companies that sell a lot of bows are required to provide better customer service, better warranties etc. I think that "the big three" put a lot of money into there bows and have a good outcome. I also think you are paying extra for the name, but IMO if you want a top of the line bow you have to fork over the extra cash. For me I choose mathews because I don't have a bowtech dealer nearby and I never really liked split limb bows or that goofy handle thing. I am definately not a basher of any companies but I definately think that "the big three" are the best bows but not necessarly the best buy.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:47 AM

well i have owned a mathews---it was a good bow--i now own a liberty and cant say anything bad about it at all.they both performed really well. but for the money diamond i think puts out the best bow.i own the gladiator with the easy draw module at it is smooth as silk and has rock solid limb pockets,it shoots just as good at a better price.there web site dont really do them justice as far as looks.great looking bow that performs flawlessly.customer service is just as good as bowtech.they have very high quality standards and customer satisfaction
Old 06-01-2004, 08:02 PM

Is there anything wrong with High Country, or doesn't anybody shoot them. They used to be one of the Big bow companies. I think people get hung up on Matthews( just because the pros shoot them) All you hear about is the Matthews bows they are all over the place. I think peolpe need to keep their eyes open to the new inovation of other bow companies.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:52 AM

A good bow is personel preference i think.i now shoot a extreme VFT from bowtech and i love it,still got my old jennings and my 1st bow which is a pearson.have been considering trying a hoyt,maybe eventually if my affair with the vft ever dies.Almost bought a champion and is what my g/f shoots and she likes it a lot.But my dealer sells most brands except for browning.I have shot the matthews and the A/R but still ended up with the bowtech.Have fun with buying yer new bow and shoot everything you can get yer hands on!
WORKED FOR ME!
Old 07-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot a Reflex and works great for me, had it for three years now.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:20 PM

I can only speak for myself. I have owned Hoyt, Parker, and Jennings bows. For the first time this year I shot a bow that really is far superior, the Bowtech Liberty. I still own two Parker bows and plan on keeping one just for a backup bow on my trips out west. I now own the Liberty. I shoot the Parker and Liberty side by side and there is no comparison on the smoothness in the draw and the hand shock. The Liberty is awesome. By the way the Parker is a 60 pound draw weight and the Liberty is 70 pounds. A good long term investment would be the Bowtech. Hopes this helps. Alan in WI.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

I actually went to my local bow shop and shot everything from bear to bowtech. I ended up purchasing a Darton Magnum Extreme. It was the bow that fit me well and shot the best for me. So yes there are some other real quality bows out there.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a DARTON YUKON, its a great bow for me, rest is all hype
Old 07-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah those three pretty much rule the roost. Alot of people i know swear by their High Country bows too, the Carbon 4-Runners are pretty great bows. I currently shoot PSE but plan on getting a Martin or if i can afford it a Matthews or Bowtech.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.