Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The big Three? is that it? >

The big Three? is that it?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The big Three? is that it?

Old 05-05-2004, 10:49 AM

Default RE: The big Three? is that it?

I have a two year old Browning Mirage. I love the bow and don't see a reason to buy one of the 'big three'. It shoots very comfortably and is perfect in the tree stand. I'm stickin with what I got!
Old 05-05-2004, 05:14 PM

It seems those are the bows for folks with cash to burn dont get me wrong i would love to have a new mathews my 12 year old shoots a browning youth model i shoot a parker ultralite 31 its fast and quiet and since i have last years model it was cheeper
Old 05-06-2004, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the response. Its great to hear from unbias bow owners. My biggest problem is lack of dealers, Even the closest Bowtech dealer is 50 miles away. I have a list of dealers from AR to PSE. There are scattered all over and nobody seems to sell more than one brand up here, they all "carry" other brands but only SELL one. Since I don't have the time to drive all over northern NY looking at bows. I have narrowed it down too three potentials. See my next post. Thanks again
Old 05-07-2004, 06:32 PM

Knowing that you have the best fit for your style allows you a certain comfort in not having to brag about how good your bow is nor does it require that certain justification from touting a certain model or make due to the insecurity of spending way too much for average. Having said that I shoot PSE.[8D]
Old 05-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 Mathews, two 600 buck mistakes ,
The smiley face tells me your full of crap and your just taking a poke at Mathews!
If you were truly foolish enough to make a $600 mistake not once , but twice , you would have followed your sentence with this![:@]

The three bows you mentioned just happen to be the hottest sellers. That doesn't mean their the best bows.
And you wont find too many people around here that will say their brand is the best and all else sucks! Except maybe the Mathews bashers!
Old 05-08-2004, 08:14 AM

It's all about the warranty! I own a Parker which comes with a lifetime warranty on the entire bow. Not many manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty.

Something to think about.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:42 PM

Shoot a mathews and you will see what the hype is about. I was at one time an avid mathews basher and shot a hoyt. I had a bad experiance with the last hoyt I owned and was trying to buy a bowtech but the bowtech dealer in my area was less than friendly. I shot the AR line of bows and thought if they were a hundred dollars cheaper they might be a good buy. I ended up shooting a mathews legacy and wow was my first word. Very smooth and fast enough. Another bow I shot that really worked well is the buckmaster g2xl.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:48 PM

you dont have to pay full price for great bow's. i just bought a bowtech extreme VFT for under $400. in my mind, it is the best bow for the mony, not just for the name. it robbinhoods more than i can aford. i have to say, i didnt look at too many other bows, but the ones i did, never fit me right. a good bow is well worth the investment, but anyone can be a perfect shot with enough practice. so pick a bow and go for it. names only matter to those who make them matter
Old 05-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

There are definitely some quality, highly functional bows out there besides the "big three". Though I think their reputation is mostly well worth it I also think folks tend to associate "Pro shop only" with higher quality and in many cases better service. Rightly so for those pro shops that are reputable and carry those bows.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a reflex know and I love it, I have shot golden eagle and bear. My first bow was a cheap bear bow and bought the eagle was to heavy of a bow, I shot good with all of them. All depends on you and money. I can not see spending $700 on a bow, then you still have to buy other stuff to put on it yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.