Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

whisker biscuit ?'s

Old 02-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default whisker biscuit ?'s

well i am sick of my arrow falling off my rest so i am considering getting a whisker biscuit. first of all which out of the many is the best one? do they damage fletching? i believe they would have 2 do some damage but i would like 2 kno how long it takes before it starts to rip the fletching off the arrow if thats what it does. does is reduce the speed of ur bow at all? if so how much. thank you

-Shootem
Old 02-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: whisker biscuit ?'s

I'm not sure that the fletching damage would be a whole lot but I'll be putting one on my bow this fall for hunting but I'll use my nap quicktune 3000 for my 3D and target shooting.So I wouldn't think that the bristles would be able to damage the fletching's a whole lot when you just use it for hunting and as for loss of speed I hear you can trim the bristles so I think it would be a minimum loss .

nubo
Old 02-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was hoping not 2 b losing more than 5-6 fps (if i got it that is)
Old 02-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was watching another thread and I'm sure they were speaking of more like 3fps but I can't see that much if you trim it .Hopefully someone can help you a little better I'll be interested as well .

nubo
Old 02-26-2004, 11:31 PM

Yoy may want to consider Vital bow Gear's "Ultimate Fall-away" rest. It holds the arrow in place till you draw and then falls away with no fletching damage and no reduction in speed.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i am sick of my arrow falling off my rest so i am considering getting a whisker biscuit.
Before I address your questions pertaining to the WB I have a couple questions for you.

Is your arrow falling off the rest strictly when your hunting while drawing on a deer?
Is it falling off while your practicing?

While I think the WB is a great hunting rest your opening sentence scares me a little!
The reason I asked the questions was to try and determine if you have other problems that the WB may help but wont cure.
If your having problems with the arrow falling off the rest while practicing then we should try and solve that problem before thinking of another rest.
Bad drawing form is a good culprit for popping the arrow off the rest. The biggest contributer to that bad drawing form (from what I've seen) is being over bowed. For example , I watched a guy the other day start out his drawing sequence with the tip of his arrow pointing to the floor and by the time he reached his letoff it was pointing to the ceiling[&:] With the proper poundage setup you should be able to hold your bow arm straight out with your arrow pointing at your intended target and remaining there throughout your draw cycle. You should also be able to do this sitting down.

If your arrow is falling off strictly during hunting situations while drawing on a deer because of the almighty adrenaline rush then God bless ya man! Welcome to bowhunting! Then I'd recomend the WB.

To answer your questions , the best WB is the Deluxe with the quick shot biscuit. They have a new biscuit this year that is even less damaging to fletchings. I myself use feathers and with a properly tuned bow I've been shooting the same fletchings thru my WB for three years now and they still look fine. When I do decide to change them it will be because I'm sick of the colors.
As far as speed loss goes , I lose between 3 -5 fps (with feathers) and again , a properly tuned bow contributes to minimal speed loss.

I've been a WB advocate for a few years now , but I must say I see more and more people turning to the WB for the wrong reasons.

I hope this helps you (or anyone else) in your decision!
Old 02-27-2004, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

follow the link to my review of the WB. I am also in the middle of playing around with the newer bisuits with the softer bristles. So far they are promising, and will reduce or eliminate trimming.

http://www.broadheadtests.com/whiskerbisc..html
Old 02-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

when my arrow falls off the rest it is during practice. i just bought this bow about a month ago. i can draw my bow sitting down it is just that unless i go so slow that i am barly pulling my bow back the arrow just falls off the rest. it usually falls at about 6 inches or less before i am at full draw. it is weird b/c all the sudden the arrow goes straight up and then 2 the right falling off the rest. i cant think why it is doing this.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:41 PM

Are you shooting a loop or off the string ?
Old 02-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's for the info Bowfanatic that's not an issue with myself I just want to be secure when I'm in my stand and my arrow nocked .This past season I was trying to turn to the opposite side of a tree to take a shot at a little 6point and knocked my arrow off the rest and it landed right beside the buck ,I never had enough time to re nock an arrowas he walked away he never even flinched when the arrow bounced off the treestand and landed right beside him , it didn't appear that he even noticed at all.

5Shot I'm going to check out your site Thank's

nubo

Quick Reply: whisker biscuit ?'s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.