Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Resale prices

Old 02-22-2004, 06:37 PM

Default Resale prices

I am not trying to start a P@#$^ match here, as I own a Parker feather mag, Bowtech mighty mite, and a Mathews LX. I just tried to sell the Bowtech on e-bay for a very resonable reserve and it fell 20.00 short and didn't sell. If I put the LX on there, I am almost sure it will go for a lot more than the Bowtech. Has anyone noticed that Mathews bows hold there value much better than all other bows. This is just an observation from doing a little reserch on e-bay Don
Old 02-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Resale prices

Yes mathews is a more well know name to the average archer.Mathews has a large advertizing budget(that we mathews users all pay for)The average guy buying a used bow on ebay IMO has better product recognition with Mathews rather than Bowtech.Just sold my MQ32 2 weeks ago and it sold in 2 days for the buy it now price I asked.And as a foot note I shoot Mathews but I know many here shoot and swear by their Bowtechs,it's all what feels and shoots well for you.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:20 PM

I just sold my Q2 on ebay last week for $405. Not bad for a 4 year old bow. I agree it has alot to do with the amount of advertising Mathews does. They are in about every mag you could think of. If it is in the peoples eye they will buy it. I too agree that is why you pay more for the Mathews, not because it is so much better. But you are supporting the advertising. Yes, I did buy a new Outback but, I did think about a Bow Tech, it is just that there are no dealers close by, & I had good luck with my Q2.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes Don. Others have noticed. I chalk it up to the relatively high amount that Mathews advertises and the aura that surrounds their bows in most people's eyes.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:22 AM

I've purchased a new Mathews every year now for the past three years and in turn, sold my previous bow either on Ebay or to a friend.

I sold my Q2 for $450 to friend $569 New
I sold my Legacy for $500 to neighbor (rest and stabilizer included) New $579
I sold my LX on ebay for $880 (bow, stabilizer, Trophy Ridge sight, winners choice string and bow case) $579 new

Not bad resale for archery gear.......if you ask me!!

I'm shooting the Outback ($589) now and love it! Got the string broke in and fine tuned. Shot three rounds of 10 last night...(25 yards)..First group: 9 bulls, Second group: 10 bulls and Third group: 8 bulls with other two within a half inch of bulls. We'll she what the big three offer next year to determine whether or not I get the latest and greatest!!