Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Advice Requested

Old 12-26-2003, 05:41 PM

Default Advice Requested

I've just started bowhunting this season, and I've been trying to quiet my bow down as much as possible. I haven't invested in a stabilizer yet as they're relatively expensive, and I'm short on funds.

I've noticed differnt devices that can attach to you bow limbs that supposedly dampen bow vibration and quiets the bow. I was initially wanting to get the Limbsaver brand from wal-mart, but when I went to get them, they were out . However, they did have some Allen vibration eliminators that are shaped like a clover, and are about 1" thick. Has anyone tried these out and can vouch for them working as well as the dampeneers made by Limbsavers?

Thanks for any advice!
Old 12-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Advice Requested

Limbsavers......good idea. On your string you should have Cat whiskers( they're simple and cheap) Lastly, a stabilizer should help but which one, I don't know. They act very differant on each bow. Try a few.

Good Luck!
Old 12-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

I would stick with the Sims products. I use their products and have had very good results. String leeches and their module stabilizer system work great. Hope this helps.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:24 PM

I have to agree with BPBowhunter. The Simms limbsaver produces work. The Enhanser 2000 + the modular system works great as a stablizer. The limb saver that is a stick on or the model for split limbs dampen sound well. Add the string leachs and you should have a quite bow. The string leaches have a short life span on some bows but they really soak up the vibration from the string.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:22 PM

Thankyou for the replies. This morning I went out and shot some arrows without the Allen dampeners on the bow, and them some arrows with the dampeners, and there was a noticeable difference. However, within 25 shots the limb dampeners had fallen off twice--the sticky on the back wasn't that great. I took them back to wal-mart and now I'm gonna be waiting for the limb-savers to come in.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It helps to clean the area first with Methyl Hydrate (99.9% pure) and then give it a minute or so to dry, this improves the bonding of the limbsavers.
I have even gone as far as using the Limbsavers for the split limb bows, replaced the screws with longer screws and fitted them to the top and bottom of my riser (as seen on some Martin bows). They really do reduce the vibration.
Great stuff!!