Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hunter's View Trophy Den Blind >

Hunter's View Trophy Den Blind

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hunter's View Trophy Den Blind

Old 12-10-2003, 05:13 PM

Default Hunter's View Trophy Den Blind

Does anyone have any experience with this blind? The design, size and price look to be excellent if the blind is really any good. I know someone is going to say buy a Double Bull, but the price is 2 - 3 times more. If anyone has first hand expereince withe Trophy Den, I love to hear about it.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunter's View Trophy Den Blind

I have no experience with this particular Hunter's View product but I do have a Hunter's View Waterfowler Blind which is similar to the Ameristep Doghouse in overall size and style. I cannot really notice a difference in quality between the two blinds I mentioned though the Hunter's View does not have the blackened interior.

If you are looking at them in the Sportsmans Guide then I can understand your interest. They do look attractive for the price but also consider that both Ameristep and Cabelas have similar models in a similar price range.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:23 AM

Default RE: Hunter's View Trophy Den Blind

I bought an Ameristep Doghouse last year for my 12 year old son to use during deer season. I figured those 12 yr olds cant sit still and he would need all the help he can get. Well it worked for him last year and this year (2 deer). Along the way though I also started using it. We now have 2 of them. I bow hunted out of it this fall in places I couldnt put a tree stand. I also used it for turkey hunting this spring and it was great, wont hunt turkleys without it again, they totally ignore it. As for the product itself, it really does setup in 30 seconds. Its easy to carry on your back and folds back up into its carrying bag just as easy as it sets up after a few practice sessions on the front lawn. Cant go wrong with the doghouse for the price.