Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Gear in rain

Old 10-28-2003, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Gear in rain

I figured this would be the place to ask this because of it regarding equipment. This happen awhile ago but i figured with the winter more or less just around the corner it would be fitting to ask. Couple of months while i was out praticing shooting my bow, it started to rain for about an hour straight. Having my dad' s saying in mind and pretty much live by as well. " if they can stay in it, i' ll can hunt in it." I continued to shoot my bow until i had no more strength left. Can rain actually damage the cams or what? I been shooting since then but never had any problems but what would be the best oil/lube. i can get for the cam. I need to restring it soon but i figured i would ask in here and get some ideas before i buy anything. thank you in advance.[:-]
Old 10-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gear in rain

Rain won' t be a problem unless you ignore it after you' re done. I usually wipe mine down and then blow it out with some compressed air. I' ve never had a problem. My old bow lasted me 10 years and many many rainy/snowy days. I still have it but retired it a month ago for a new toy.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:03 AM

TRADE THAT COMPOUND FOR A RECUVE AND YOU WONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM. HERE IS WHAT A GOOD RECUVE CAN DO.....

Old 10-29-2003, 06:20 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am usually under one of those tree-umbrellas or in a blind though my stuff still gets wet walking to and from the stand. In which case I do dry it off afterwards. I also take some precautions like keeping the axles lubed with teflon, polishing the riser and keeping the string waxed. All of which will repel water
Old 10-30-2003, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

After getting into the rain with my bow, I always make sure to hang it in the basement with the dehumidifier. I crank that baby up to high, close the closet door and let it hum away for a couple of hours.

This normally raises the temp in the closet to about 85 degrees and drops the humidity level to darn near zero. It certainly gets all of the moisture out of those nooks and crannies. After that some good teflon lube for the axles and a good waxing for the string.