Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 I need rain Gear.. looking for HELP !! >

I need rain Gear.. looking for HELP !!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I need rain Gear.. looking for HELP !!

Old 11-14-2006, 03:40 PM

Default I need rain Gear.. looking for HELP !!

Does anybody have any advice on a good set of rain gear for the Northeast? It gets cold here and usually rains on opening day for some reason.. like it's says again this year. The set i had just isn't warm enough when it's raining and a little breezy. Any help I'll take.. thanks alot.. cabelas, bass pro, sportsmans guide.. anything ??
Old 11-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need rain Gear.. looking for HELP !!

I use Scent Blocker Outfitter series. It is water prrof and had the carbon liner. It also has removable insulation in the pants and jacket. I wear it for all parts of deer season.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:58 PM

I use the RainBlocker from scent blocker, and it is very good for blocking out those harsh conditions. However, it isa little pricy $$$. There is a rain gear set up sold through Cabelas, I think I paid $40 for pants and jacket, I use for early season duck hunting. Down side is it is not breathable, and you can sweat these out pretty easily.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:59 PM

Oh, one more thing.. I have the Mountain Man series wool for cold weather... The wool might get wet, you stay warm!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

Similar to what was said above, they make good stuff. However, it can be expensive.

For your best bet, I'd head to either Bass Pro in Auburn, or head to your closest Gander Mtn. Their house brands (Redhead for BP, and TecH20 for Gander) are just as good, if not better in performance at a fraction of the cost for a comprable name brand. I do know that Gander has now contracted with Scentlok for several of their in-house offerings.

I swear by both. My heavy gun-hunting jackets and pants are waterproof and very warm. My dedicated rain gear only typically gets use in Archery season, as my gun stuff is waterproof (the Gander TecH20 stuff works!). Essentially you'll knock out two birds with one stone by buying a set like this, as it'll be able to be worn in all weather elements (besides warm temps).

Let us know what you go with.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:42 PM

Woolrich Guide Series Jacket. Quiet / waterproof, and very warm $ 60.00 or so.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cabelas has a Gortex parka on sale for $69.00. If I remember correctly it is over 50% off. I'll let you know how it is in a day or two ;?)
Old 11-17-2006, 02:14 PM

get youself a good goretex outfit. not only will you stay dry but you will be warm. only problem is the $$ they cost