Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage Hypodermic

Old 09-24-2014, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by huntinboy1122
Would you mind providing us with who you bought these off of ebay from? Was thinking about the same but now I am second guessing myself
And how you tell the difference
Old 09-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by grinder67
And how you tell the difference
would also be a huge help, actually just talked to a buddy who ordered them from ebay and would like to pass along any info to watch out for.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:18 AM
Spike

The main difference that rage told me to look for, was when you get your broadheads the package should be heat sealed. Mine came in actual packaging, but the edges had never been sealed. It would just open without having to cut it open. Also if you look at the section just above the threads. On a legitimate rage hypodermic there is just one section before you get to the shock collar. On the counterfeit there is an extra ridge in this smooth area before the shock collar.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by gamsmith
Just received mine yesterday. Plastic packaging wasn't sealed around the edges like they always are, and two of the heads were held in their slot with scotch tape. I got on Rage's site and there is a notice on their front page about counterfeit Rage's being sold on eBay and other sites (I bought mine on eBay). I called the company and asked how to tell if mine were fake. After many emails back and forth with company I found out they are in fact fakes. Everything looks completely authentic and real. Be careful where you order these. This seller on eBay is a very highly rated seller, so I'm not saying he sent fakes on purpose or maybe he bought them as fakes and didn't know it. I will be sending these back to seller and buying direct from Rage. Ten dollar savings isn't worth getting a knock off that will likely break or even not deploy right on a deer.
Were these the Hypodermics? I got the knock offs last year and didn't have any problems with them at all. They shot great and deployed perfectly. The new hypos are defanitely Rages.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Shot a doe with them last night, Hard angling shot, broke three ribs, and had about 18" of penetration. I'll throw a picture up late. I was completely satisfied with performance on them.
-Jake
Old 10-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

It was a hard quartering shot, almost right below me. So I aimed high on the deer to catch the vitals on the way through. Broadhead broke 3 ribs on the way in, hit both lungs, liver, into gut and just poked through the bottom of the deer. About 18" of penetration I think. I was really happy with how they performed.
-Jake
Old 10-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Spike

Love mine. 2 shot so far and 2 kills. 100 gr out of a carbon express interceptor.