Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Easton axis full metal jacket arrows >

Easton axis full metal jacket arrows

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Easton axis full metal jacket arrows

Old 07-21-2006, 10:01 AM

Default Easton axis full metal jacket arrows

I got a dozen fmj's fleched with Quikspin vanesand I LOVE these arrows,they shoot great and they are a lot quieter than the arrows I was shooting before, they group very well and I would very highly recommend these arrows.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Spike

Default RE: Easton axis full metal jacket arrows

Awesome dart.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine too, except I have Blazers on them. They are my first non-aluminum arrow that I have used, and I don't hink I'm going back because these offer the best of both worlds.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

I never got these arrows. What is the advantage of them, compared to an a/c/c arrow?
Old 07-25-2006, 01:42 PM

first, they are the cousin to the axis arrow only that they differ by having an aluminumjacket which accomplishes two things: greater weight & a more consistent spine & straightness. The first, weight,appeals greatest to those shooting large game: beer, moose, elk, sheep... ect. the latter, greater consistent spine + straightness, appeals to all of those who seek to increase their shootingpercentages. Now, when the original axis st already has astraightness of +/- .005" and the new full metal jackets have +/-.003" you can see that there is little difference; 2 1/1000's of an inch to be exact.
so in the end the real advantage of full metal jackets are all of the benefits of axis ST plus added weight for greater kinetic energy!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Wow don't even think waltwittman even read my question. My question was not how it was related to an Axis arrow, nor did I ask thinkness, spine, striaghtness or what game you shoot with them. If I wanted toknow that, I could havewent to the website like you did and memorized all that useless information.

What I was wondering was. If you flip flop the full metal jacket arrow (aluminum inside carbon outside) it wouldbe and A/C/C(Aluminum Carbon Composite) arrow. Which I have shot and loved. If you flip flop thetwo how does it make them anybetter wasmy question. Ijustdon't see the big advantage to having aluminum onthe outside carbon on the inside.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:14 PM

PMSchammel,
well to answer your question, which i already did in the former messege, diameter is the difference. like i said, the same advantages of the ST axis, which when it boils down to it is DIAMETER, plus the added benefit of greater kinetic energy!!!
quess i just didn't realize that everthing must be spelled out... i won't let it happen again!
er maybe you should try thinking before you try speaking?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Your right waltwitmann. Clearly, thinner is the difference between the two.I just wanted to know if it made them better by having the aluminum on the outside compared to the inside like the a/c/c. It seems like it would make them more suseptable to crack and bend with the aluminim on the outside. Next timeI will state my question moreclearly for ya. I apolagize.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is the advantage of them, compared to an a/c/c arrow?
Looks to me like marketing more than anything else. I do think they might be a tad easier to pull out of targets with the aluminum exterior. There is a possibility they could hold their spine longer but I think that is open to debate. Perhaps they would be more abrasion resistant.

Their specs aren't any better than an ACC.
Axis Full Metal Jacket...Straightness: +/-.003"
Weight Tolerance : +/- 2.0 grains

ACC and/or A/C Super Slim.....Straightness; +/-.002"
Weight Tolerance: +/- .05 grains
Old 07-26-2006, 10:20 AM

correction: weight tolerance on ACC or A/C Super Slim +/- 0.5 grains
or 0.0182857143 drams for all you chemistry dorks out there!!

Quick Reply: Easton axis full metal jacket arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.