Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge sights?

Old 09-01-2003, 07:58 AM

Default RE: Trophy Ridge sights?

Is this a dependable sight?
Not in my experience

Is it more accurate than any other?
No - not at all

What would you guys suggest?
Spot-Hogg first - Copper john second
Old 09-01-2003, 07:59 AM

I have one I like it just make sure you lock it down real tight or it will move on you.

Varmint
Old 09-01-2003, 08:41 AM

Had one on my Q2 last year, (the Matrix)sold it after about two weeks.The Nitro sticks are a stupid way to light up the pins.If they had decent fiber optics,you would' nt need them.The tool-less adjustments are junk,that' s why they give you allens with it.The fiber optics do make noise, because they are loose on the site.The appetture is completly closed,so hardly any natural light gets in.There is a lot of great sites out there,but the Trophy Ridge is not one of them.Check out the HHA,Spot-Hogg,Copper-Johns,or even the Tru-Glow Brite -Site,I think you will be better off....Bob
Old 09-01-2003, 08:54 AM

I like the Micro Matrix, it had plenty of adjustment, can be locked down rock solid, require no tools to sight it. The Nitro Lights do work, the fibers are super brite, and I feel the sight has been much improved since they first came out. I actually love mine & feel it s one of the best hunting sights on the market.

It does take a little getting used to the VPINS but once you do it is great!

Old 09-01-2003, 09:02 AM

Thanks for all the replys ended up buying the nitro extreme have shot with it one day and am taking it back. Just dont like the in line pins and to me is to difficult to just move one pin a little bit.
I think I will check out the Copper Johns and Spott Hog
Old 09-01-2003, 04:17 PM

mossymike - give them a few days to grow on you. It took me about 3 days to get used to them & now I love them.

Old 09-06-2003, 07:50 AM

I have two five pin Flatliner sights that I purchased when they were first introduced. I really like the vertical pins. However, both of these sights have been nothing but trouble since I owned them. First off the dovetails on the sights (windage adjustment) started chipping. They were so screwed up that and adjustment was impossible. I contacted the company and they sent new dovetail slides. After a short time the replacements were chipped as well. I used the finger tightening screws so the problem was not with over tightening. I contacted them again and tried to give them some advice as to the design of their dovetail. I am a machinist and have worked in product design. Well this time they sent a totally different sight bracket. It was a hex design. I thought this would be the solution. I installed the new brackets and started shooting. After about five shots, I noticed that the sight had moved. I adjusted it and it moved again. Then I went to the allen head screws, same problem. No matter what I tried I could not keep the sight from moving. Again, I contacted the company and this time I was told that indeed they had a problem with the new design and had gone back to the dovetail with some modifications. I was also told that the brackets came in black and camo and that I would only be allowed the black as those were originally on my sights. I requested to pay an additional fee to receive the new camo brackets, but they refused. ( I can' t figure out why a company who has had a customer stick with them for over 2yrs of problems refuse an upgrade when willing to purchase the upgrade). I have one week to get this thing working as I' m leaving on an elk hunt. Oh, I forgot to mention the broken plastic pin that I sent back for replacement. If your color blind and can' t see red well, you will have to send it back to change the colors, $30.00 extra charge plus shipping for 1 sight.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:06 PM

I have run into the same problem as Alan.
I THOUGHT I had it cured...but alas it am still haveing problems with the windage on my sight moving when I shoot it (At least you can memorize the setting and get it back there easy enough...but that just isn' t good enough!)
I' m gonna try the Impact Archery Cosmic...THAT thing is STUPID bright!!! I' ll post after a few weeks of useing it.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I bought one when they forst came out and I can tell you that TR will not be getting any of my money in the future. For sights or rests.

Are these sights and rests really worth a hundred bucks?[][:@] Yeah right!!!

I have had the same problems as the others here. Sight moved constantly, pins broke, noisy (had to super glue them down), bad customer service (didn' t return any e-mails or calls)

I had to buy a Cobra sight at Wally World for 20 bucks at the last minute before elk season last year and this " cheap" sight has more quality built into it than TR will ever think about having.

If they actually spent more money on QC instead of all of the Mathews size adds they might actually improve the sights and make them worth having and relying on while hunting.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:10 AM

Default Trophy Ridge = A1

Just wanted to share....

Trophy Ridge = A1

Last month I got a new bow, Trophy Ridge Matrix 5 pin sight and used a shoot thru arrow rest...no problem, the cock feather was facing down.

Two weeks later I installed a 3 prong Bodoodle arrow rest, and bought some Carbon Express Terminator arrows...which came with helical fletchings. The cock feather was facing up....the arrows had to be accurately aligned so there would be no arrow rest contact, plus the cock feather had to miss the fibre optic wires when the arrows were shot.

You guessed it....one of the arrow' s vanes broke one of the wires. I did not get a reply when I emailed c garcia at Trophy Ridge....3 days later, I called them and explained my plight to Shawna, the telephonist. She and Trophy Ridge sent me a free fibre optic....even though it was my fault.

I just finished installing the wire....it wasn' t too hard.

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM TROPHY RIDGE and Shawna.

Quick Reply: Trophy Ridge sights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.