HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trophy Ridge sights?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 07:50 AM
AlaninWI

Default RE: Trophy Ridge sights?

I have two five pin Flatliner sights that I purchased when they were first introduced. I really like the vertical pins. However, both of these sights have been nothing but trouble since I owned them. First off the dovetails on the sights (windage adjustment) started chipping. They were so screwed up that and adjustment was impossible. I contacted the company and they sent new dovetail slides. After a short time the replacements were chipped as well. I used the finger tightening screws so the problem was not with over tightening. I contacted them again and tried to give them some advice as to the design of their dovetail. I am a machinist and have worked in product design. Well this time they sent a totally different sight bracket. It was a hex design. I thought this would be the solution. I installed the new brackets and started shooting. After about five shots, I noticed that the sight had moved. I adjusted it and it moved again. Then I went to the allen head screws, same problem. No matter what I tried I could not keep the sight from moving. Again, I contacted the company and this time I was told that indeed they had a problem with the new design and had gone back to the dovetail with some modifications. I was also told that the brackets came in black and camo and that I would only be allowed the black as those were originally on my sights. I requested to pay an additional fee to receive the new camo brackets, but they refused. ( I can' t figure out why a company who has had a customer stick with them for over 2yrs of problems refuse an upgrade when willing to purchase the upgrade). I have one week to get this thing working as I' m leaving on an elk hunt. Oh, I forgot to mention the broken plastic pin that I sent back for replacement. If your color blind and can' t see red well, you will have to send it back to change the colors, $30.00 extra charge plus shipping for 1 sight.