Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge sights?

Old 08-29-2003, 06:48 PM

Default Trophy Ridge sights?

I have been shopping around for a new sight for my Matthews. I have been looking at the Trophy Ridge sights and am not sold on them yet. Is this a dependable sight? Is it more accurate than any other?
What would you guys suggest?
I have read some bad reviews before want to be sure before I purchase.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Trophy Ridge sights?

I have the trophy ridge matrix sight and couldn' t be more happy with it. I can make any adjustments with out tools. It has the reflective ring around the housing to aid in peep alignment. It has the bubble level also but I have never even payed attention to it. Pins are nice and bright. All in all it is a great sight and I have no complaints.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:42 AM

I have 2 trophy ridge sights!!! first and formost.... this company has great customer service and stands behind thier product 200%... I have used them and they are top notch... As for the sight its a pesonal prefence some people can' t get use to the vertical in line some can!!!! I have both pin sizes .029 and the .019 i prefer the smaller....drop the toolless part and go with the allen screwss you' ll be much happier mine has not gone out of whack even from travelling in a case. Very easy to set up... I only broke fiber when my nap 2000 broke and like i said it got fixed pronto... they stand behind thier product...that finnally sold me!! besides a great sight for me!!! hope this helps!!!!! good luck!!!
Old 08-30-2003, 11:00 AM

you either love em or hate em imo i think they are great ! their customer service is great too , look at it this way if ytou buy one and don' t like it you can always sell it ! one thing if you get a matrix don' t use the wing nut use the hex head screws ! you won' t be disappointed

Old 08-30-2003, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine came with two allen screws for attaching it to the riser. Which i used. I have the wing nuts on my windage and elavation adjustments. I have had no problems with it this will be my second season with it. And even if you use allen heads in place of the wing nuts you still can adjust your pins elevation with the levers under the sight housing. So it is still adjustable with out tools. There is no getting around that. So it is impossible to forget the toolless thing.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tried one... Hated it.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

I have the flatliner great sight, wouldnt go back to a horazontal sight for
nothing.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:27 PM

This is my third season with them, I love them . Great sights but like some said , you get use to the verticle pins first.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:43 PM

VERY bright sights.
I don' t beleive one sight is more ACCURATE that the next...as long as it doesn' t move.
Use allen screws instead of the wing nuts to keep it from moving.
The toolless elevation adjustment IS nice!
Have broken mine yet.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:17 PM

I' ve had a five pin Flatliner for about a year and love it.Having the pins all in line also helps you detect small flaws in your bow' s tune .If you' re hitting dead on at 15 or 20 yards and right or left when you back off to 30 or 40 yards you know something' s a little out of line. With older types of sights one might be tempted to just dial the one pin in or out, but with this type of sight you have to get the bow in tune. It' s kind of an added bonus with this sight.

Quick Reply: Trophy Ridge sights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.