Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Mathews Q2 users...I need feedback!!!! >

Mathews Q2 users...I need feedback!!!!

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews Q2 users...I need feedback!!!!

Old 08-02-2003, 04:32 PM

Default Mathews Q2 users...I need feedback!!!!

I have tried several of the " latest and greatest" of the bow at my local archery shop, and none of them have felt as good as the old Mathews Q2. I guess I' m a little hesitant to buy a bow that has SUPPOSEDLY been improved upon. I' m wanting to know if there are any diehard Mathews Q2 users out there that have not switched to the " latest and greatest" and why not.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:36 PM

Default RE: Mathews Q2 users...I need feedback!!!!

I still use one and love it!! As you stated it just feels great in the hand and shoot wonderfully too. I would say buy it you won' t be disapointed (sp?).
Old 08-02-2003, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

I' m still using the MQ 32,a model older than the Q2,bow shoots like a dream,fast quiet so why spend all that $$$ if your happy with what you got!
Old 08-03-2003, 04:40 AM

Have never had a problem with mine. Just put a new string and cables on. I try not to get caught up in all the hype of the latest and greatest. Don' t fix whats not broke. I plan on hunting with mine for a few more years.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:27 AM

Still shooting my Q2, a great shooting bow and one of the quietest setups I have seen. My hunting buddy just bought a new LX this year and has me by about 20 FPS on speed but my Q2 is alot quieter and just as smooth as far as I can tell.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:42 AM

Od that you ask this question! I own bought a Q2 about four years ago and last year bought a Legacy as well simply because of the string silencers. HAving always been into something new I looked at the new LX and can honestly say I dontly thing it adds anything I thing the vlock is a gimmick for something new. I Love my Q2 and my Legacy and cant tel you which I would shoot if I had to they are both so damn good.

I did so some stupid reason find aSQ2 hangingg in the corner of my local now shop that looked aaas if had never been shot and the guy wanted 275.oo for it so for so for somew stupid reason I now had another choice.

Whne I go out west in SEPT my Q2 will make the trip.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

I am just like you guys. This is my third year with my trusty Q2 . I shot the Legacy when it came out. I shot the LX when it came out. I am still shooting the Q2. Not enough of a difference to change for me. I just feel like they made the Q2 custom for me. I see no reason for me to change when it works so well for me.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:54 AM

I`d still would be shooting my Q2,but my bum shoulder did`nt get along with the 65% let-off.Shooting a LX now with 80% let-off.Both are great bows,so don`t talk yourself into something you might not need.Just my opinion.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:33 AM

Well, I have a Q2 and an LX. I like the extra speed out of the LX and it has it has a bit smoother draw but it' s a bit louder. I don' t think it' s that big of a difference. I' ll be keeping both for now.