Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Mathews Q2 Users????? >

Mathews Q2 Users?????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Q2 Users?????

Old 01-03-2002, 09:09 PM
Spike

Default Mathews Q2 Users?????

Just ordered a 2001 Q2 tonight from my dealer.The price was good I think?$569.00,have had others tell me it is a good price.Now for the question.With a 30 in.draw,TRU release.65lbs.pulling weight,PSE
Extreme carbons with 100gr.heads,Goldes Key rest what will I be able to expect in term of fps?I really don't want to go any higher in draw weight as I have had heart surgery
and the thats about all I can pull comfortable.Hope to get some help from you guys.The bow should be here in two weeks or less I hope.Thanks again.
3-blades
Old 01-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews Q2 Users?????

I would guess you'll be around 260-265. Just tossing out a guess though.
I'm shooting the Q2XL, 27" draw, set at 62 pounds and getting about 225 fps with aluminums, and about 235 with light weight carbons.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

ABM
??????????? That 235fps with light carbons is very slow even w/27" draw are you sure thats right??? My girlfriends MQ32 at 24" draw and 50# does near 250fps with the light carbons.And my Q2XL at 60# 28" does 280.

3Blades
Since you ordered a 30" 70# bow it should be fairly quick. It depens on how heavy your arrow is and the amount of items you add to your bow string I.E. peep,kisser,nock or loop,silencers etc.Even if you stay around 65# I would say at least it should be in the 280 fps range if not more.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:22 AM
Spike

OHarcher;
I will have a peepw/tube on and a string loop attached to the string.I am shooting 382-384 gr,PSE Extreme carbons,that is all I can tell you.That seems very fast for me.I am excited about getting the bow!!Do you think it will be necessary to attach a set of SIMS limbsavers to help with the preformance or not?Thanks a lot for the help.
3-blades
Old 01-04-2002, 07:20 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-04-2002, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

The peep with the rubber tube will steal 7-10 fps.You may want to try a Fletcher peep or something like a super peep instead of the rubber.
As for the limbsavers,I put them on all my bows when they are new,I don't actually know if the help performance but I do know it can't hurt.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good price. In my area they run about $625 average. Paid 6 bills for mine through a dealer who I give my business to regularly.

You definitely should get rid of the rubber tubing. Newer Zebra strings have almost zero creep, and you can basically set your peep and forget it unless you place an abnormal amount of torque on the string when you draw. I highly reccomend a Tiger Twist buss cable too (new for 2001,NO creep and no speed loss). I've put a bunch of arrows through my Q2 w/ standard Zebra string and Tiger cable. I mark my cam's timing and I have yet to notice ANY creep (at least measureable to the eye). My peep come back perfect every time.

LimbSavers definitely help to take out the last little bit of recoil in the Q2. W/ LS', a Sorbotek stabilizer, and Sims String Leeches the only thing I hear is the click of the arrow rest returning to it's original position as the arrow clears it and the thum of the arrow in my target.

My 28" cam Q2 set at 76 Lbs w/ a fletcher tru-peep, short loop, and Leeches on the string shoots a 435 grain arrow at 274 FPS.

JeffB

Old 01-05-2002, 03:40 AM
Spike

Jeff;
I had a flether peep on my HC last yr.and just before our season opened up it twisted
and could not get it to come back in line.I was going to Il.for a hunt also and did not want to take the chance of it happening again,espicially out there so went with the tube.How long does the leaches last?Have heard good-bad things on them?What knid of arrows are you shooting?Very fast set up with the arrow weight you have,WOW!!I am excited about this bow,will be a few weeks till it arrives.Was going to wait till the 2002 ones were out but just went ahead and
ordered,the price was right for sure.
3-blades (Bill)
Old 01-05-2002, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

JeffB
Just curious how you got the Q2 to go to 76#????? Twisting the cable?????? If so how did you get the timing back in the correct position?
Old 01-05-2002, 05:45 AM

I have a almost identical set up. Q2 30"draw 65lbs with acc's at 420, muzzy z rest rubber tubing peep and I get 265fps. I just got mine 3 weeks ago. I would like to get rid of the rubber peep use to use a no-peep on my last bow. I thought I would be a little faster than that. My hoyt same set up was shooting 262 fps. I can tell you though that it's a great shooting bow. I really noticed a diffence in my shooting but especially at 40 yards and out. Before I could get them close but it seemed if I made one critcal flaw in shooting would be way off. With this mattews It seems really forgiving. Good luck

Quick Reply: Mathews Q2 Users?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.