Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mathews FX Feedback >

Mathews FX Feedback

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews FX Feedback

Old 12-29-2003, 07:05 PM

Default Mathews FX Feedback

Can anyone who has this bow give me their impressions?? Is it worth the price and would you buy it again or a competitor and why?????
Old 12-29-2003, 09:01 PM

Default RE: Mathews FX Feedback

The FX is a very solid little bow. My hunting buddy shoots one and he has no complaints. I'm impressed every time we shoot at the speed, silence, and accuracy of his bow when it's side by side to some of the more expensive Mathews models. The price really isn't that bad when you look at some other respected bows, the Fred Bear TRX is 399$, Mossy Oak Obsession 399$, that's straight from Cabela's Archery catalog. Around here (central OK) an FX will run 380 to 400$. Have you shot one yet? If not go find a pro shop and shoot one. It's a good one and if it shoots/feels good to you go for it.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've actually contemplated purchasing one of these as a back-up bow for sometime now. That, and I could let my dad shoot it when he comes to visit, and hopefully the bowhunting bug will bite him!

If you think about it, this little bow has Mathews' cam which they were the proudest of just a couple short years ago (MaxCam performance! ), and you would have paid much more dearly for the same technology then. I can't walk into a bow shop which has one and not pick it up and marvel at the weight and feel of this thing. If I pick it up one more time, I might just have to buy it.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:37 PM

I have had a Feather Max since 98. I am pretty sure it is the same, except for the camo. Looks identical. If it does compare to the Feather Max, I can say it is a grea little bow. Shoots very smoothly and accurately. Killed a few critters with it.

Anyway, I will be selling it soon, as I need to drop to lighter draw weight. Anyone interested let me know. I have both the 80% and the 65% Max Cams with this bow.

JMAC
Old 12-30-2003, 12:15 AM
Fork Horn

I have it with the minimax cam. That brings the peak draw weight down to abround 66-67 lbs. If you're 28' draw or lower I would reccomend that cam as it has a very smooth draw, also the smaller cam and idler shorten it up some making it even more compact for hunting. The bow is extremely accurate and very powerful with a AMO of 28 3/8th, bottomed out at around 66lbs and a 400 grain arrow I'm getting 265ft/sec. That is with a 7 3/8th measured brace. Those are some real nice numbers for those specs. When the bow is tuned it is whisper quiet. And it balances extremely well. In that price range, even today with all the new offerings I'd buy it again.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:48 PM

I bought a FX a couple of weeks ago and really like it. This is my first bow since using a Whitetail II ten years ago. I am using the hind site. The reason why I got it was my Doctor has a Mathews and he likes his. I wanted to shoot a bowtech but my archery shop does not carry them.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

I've had mine for a couple years now and plan to
hang on to it. Though I bought it, and use it, as a
backup to my BT Patriot, I'm always very comfortable
with it when it goes afield with me. It's a solid bow bow,
that's lightweight, quiet, and dependable...good
qualities in a hunting bow.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

I've been shooting the FX for 2 years now and it does a good job. I only pull 58 lbs and it is so easy and smooth to pull. The only con on the bow is the short sight window but I've gotten use to it.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:48 PM

I have had the FX for three years now and I have nothing but good things to say about it. At the time, I was going in to buy the Q2 but as I shot several different bows that day I found that the FX was quieter and just felt better to me so I left the store with a great bow and a couple hundred extra bucks. I dont think you would regret owning this bow and beleive me its a shooter.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:50 PM

if you love archery price wont matter, but if it works fo ryou dont change it

Quick Reply: Mathews FX Feedback

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.