Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 In field adjustable sights... >

In field adjustable sights...

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

In field adjustable sights...

Old 07-02-2003, 02:04 AM

Default In field adjustable sights...

Has anyone had any experience with Sur Loc, Savage Systems or any other in-filed adjustable sights? I was just wondering if they were worth all the money? It looks pretty complicated as well? How easy is it to do when you' re in the field with a buck in you view??? Thanks.
Mike,-
Old 07-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: In field adjustable sights...

They aren' t complicated at all. When hunting it' s probably best just to set it for 25 yards and leave it alone. There' s enough to think about without dicking around with the sight. Some of their advantages are that with one pin you have a clearer field of view. You can practice at any and all yardages that you sight in for. You can' t pick the wrong pin. Most of the expensive ones are very well made and worth the asking price. I guess I' d put SureLoc in this group. Then there are several real decent ones like the Impact Cosmic and Cobra. Also TruGlo has a new one out that grabbed my eye. This group is kinda middle of the road and will cost about $80 plus or minus a grand. It' s all what tickles your gizzard.