Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Adjustable sights >

Adjustable sights

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Adjustable sights

Old 04-14-2003, 02:46 PM

Default Adjustable sights

I am looking for an adjustable sight with a scope.

I have looked at Toxonics and Sure loc. Any suggestions? Any comments or reviews?
Old 04-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Adjustable sights

I must first issue this disclaimer....everybody has an opinion, that doesn`t make them right.

That being said, here is my opinion.

Sure lock makes a great slider sight. Definately worth checking into.

Custom Bow Equiptment(CBE) makes slider sights that are as good as any, better than 99% of the sliders on the market.

I have had several different sliders since 3-d archery was thought of, and there is nothing worse than finding that something moved on your sight/scope setup.

If you go with a sureloc, or CBE, those problems are history.

There may be other brands out there that are really good now, I would not know, because I have 3 CBE tech lite sights, and they will out live me!
They are that good!

I have never even used a sureloc, but from looking at them, I would not hesitate to try one.

As far as scopes go, that is more of a personal preference thing. As long as you get an aluminum housing, and a 10-32 rod, they should be fine.

I use a G&B ultimate eagle, with a zeiss coated 3x lens for 3-d.

Hope my feeble opinion helps, and be sitting down when you find out how much one of these setups cost.

It will be cheaper in the long run than working your way through all the inferior stuff then ending up here anyhow.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-16-2003, 10:36 AM

I have looked at both CBE, Copper John, Toxonics, and Sure-Loc. I like all three and they all look good.

I have decided on one of the following. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the pros and cons of each. Maybe some personal experiences with each.

1. CBE 3D micro lite

2. Sure-Loc Chanlleger.

Now do these sights come with scopes or is that something I purshase separate? Will anY scope work (with 10/32 threads)?
Old 04-16-2003, 01:31 PM

I' m using the Challenger and haven' t had a single problem with it in the last year I' ve owned it. No negatives here. I wasn' t sure whether to get the 6" bar with the 4" frame or the 9" bar with the 5.5" frame so I got the bigger one just to be safe. I could definitly get by with the smaller one now that I' m shooting a fast bow. The weight difference isn' t much either; 9.87 oz for the 4x6 and 11.43 for the 5.5x9.

Before I got this I borrowed an older check-it and I see where they get thier name. After every shot or two I had to check it to see if it was still tight. This sure-loc is always right where I left it. It is a great sight bar.

-Chief

Old 04-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

buckskin, I don`t think there are any negative points about either sight you are considering.

I have looked at both of those, I just could not see either one being any better than my CBE Tec-lite`s.

Any 10-32 scope will work, and they are purchased sepately, unless you buy a package.

Chief Headhunter... that is about right.

Take a shot and CHECK IT!
Old 04-19-2003, 08:39 AM

You might want to look at HTM sights. I don;t shoot scopes but I shoot a HTM bowhunter type sight. It;s a small company with a archery division that have a great customer service. I' ve been extremly happy with both the sight and the service.http://www.htmbowsights.com/ JERRY