Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Fall Away Rest??

Old 12-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Spike

Default Best Fall Away Rest??

I'm looking for a new rest for my bow, and was hoping I could be pointed in the direction of a quality fall away rest. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Need a little more info. Are wanting any kind of containment? If so look at the Athens Omega Elite(kinda like the Whisker Biskit of drop aways is the easiest way to describe it) or the QAD Ld or HD for a more traditional rest.

containment not an issue. Look no further than the Vapor Trails LimbDriver! Simplest drop way to install and tune and puts no pressure on your cables that could potentially cause tuning/timing issues.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Rip Cord on my Switchback XT

I have the QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD on my Z7
Old 12-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

bowhuntr.. have you looked at the downforce from mathews.. they had 1 on the demo z7 at my local shop..and it was sweet to say the least
Old 12-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like my Qad HD rest. Its the only dropaway I have ever used, but it was easy to set up and has performed flawlessly.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried about a dozen different popular fallaways and the QAD Ultra-rest HD is my favorite! It's got just about every feature you could ever want in a fallaway. Top of the line!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes I looked at the Mathews Rest, but I like the Rip Cord and the Quad
Old 12-18-2009, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

I have never tried the qad ultra but it looks like a great rest,just pricey,I use the ripcord,still pricey but a little less than the ultra!And I love it I have had it on two differant bows and it has performed great on both. I do like the way the ultra will only drop on release,but as far as that I don't see much of a differance in the two,eather way you go with these two I don't think you will be dissapointed, I don't know how QAD's customer support is but I can tell you that ripcords is excellent,I recently bought a new z7,and wanted to use my ripcord on it and found that the cord was to short since I had cut and served it on my old bow I contacted ripcord to order a new cord and they sent me,a new cord,spring,arrow holder basicly a new hardware kit for free,I have been shooting for along time and have never ran into a company that has that kind of customer service!