Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Just shot 4 new bows

Old 12-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Just shot 4 new bows

Let me start by saying that I am a bowtech kinda guy and my next bow will be a Bowtech. was at Archery shop last week and shot the new Matthews, Hoyt,Bowtech destroyer and last years Admireal. This was the first time I had ever shot a Hoyt and what a great bow it was. Shot each bow 2 times not not alot of testing but the new destroyer didn't impress me at all. The Matthews was allright. Not all that though. The Hoyt and the Admiral were the 2 I liked best. Being a Bowtech guy I would purchase the Admiral but man that hoyt was sweet. I don't know all the terms like alot of you guys use but both these last 2 bows diffenently felt good to me.Just my 2 cents worth. I have listened to alot of you say go shoot different bows and see which one feels best to you. How true this is I would of never known the difference if didn't have them all there to shoot . Thanks for all the advice on these pages. Jerry
Old 12-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by okeechobeefishing
I have listened to alot of you say go shoot different bows and see which one feels best to you. How true this is I would of never known the difference if didn't have them all there to shoot . Jerry
Exactly, that simply fact can NOT be stressed enough. A guy simply has to shoot them all forhimself and then one bow or another will almost call out to ya. You could have several guys all shooting and nearly all of them could have a different favorite.

Speakin of which, I also recently shot nearly all the same bows that you mentioed, the one thatreally stood out in my hand was the new Mathews Z7. I'll also mention that I shot them a LOT more than 2 arrows each though, I spent the better part of an hour throwing arrows thru several new models.