Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bow?

Old 09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default It depends on the 'archer'

It often depends on the type of hunter making the purchase. Is it a 3D competitor and a bow only hunter? Is a lot of money, relatively, available for one of the top bows available. Are you "athletic" enough to shoot, a less expensive bow, accurately for hunting purposes.

I could have bought more expensive bows, but I still consider myself a "a part-time archer." I would shoot often but I never scheduled X number of practice weeks for archery. There would be weeks in the year, I would watch the compound bow sit idle.

I bought the bow I would get value for and recover the cost in a good time. A bow that would shoot accurately, and meet my needs.

And I have no problem with others buying more advanced and more expensive technology. I'll be happy to just wait three and five years to enjoy it.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

shoot many of them and choose the one that fits you best dont get caught up in all the speed hype.speed is no good if you cant hit what you are aiming for anyway jmo.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Spike

alright thanks i shot the pse bow madness and the diamond stud i like them both but what do you think about dual cam bows? What brands should i consider with dual cam
Old 09-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same brands as already mentioned.Mathews started the single cam trend but these days dual cams are coming back in a big way.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 3tail
shoot many of them and choose the one that fits you best dont get caught up in all the speed hype.speed is no good if you cant hit what you are aiming for anyway jmo.
Very good advice make sure you try an Athens to!!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Spike

what about Bowtech have a couple of buddies that own them one has the tomkat and loves it and the other has a guardian...obviously they dont make either so whats there new dual cams and whats everyone think?
Old 09-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like my Bowtech and unfortunately they do not make it anymore either.. It's a Constitution I bought off a fellow member here in the classifieds.. You can get some great deals down there if you know what you are doing.. I bought mine from Greg/ MO and was very happy with the purchase.. Good luck on what YOU decide, I agree with what others have stated thoufgh. Try a few out for yourself at an archery shop and you wouldn't go wrong..