Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bow?

Old 08-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Spike

Question bow?

I am new at compound bowhunting...i am just curious what you guys think for a bow i am looking at the PSE Bow Madness and the Diamond Stud just looking for pros and cons on these bow and see what you prefer feel free to leave ideas of other bows for me to look at trying to find a good package deal for under 800 Thanks!

Last edited by newcomer24; 08-17-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Spike

welcome to the board
Take a look at Hoyt Thunderhawk
A lot of bang for the buck
Old 08-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Spike

i am partial to hoyts but if you are looking at a bow economically, i would say that the hawk series bows are a good deal. i was at a couple shops this weekend and saw the superhawk priced at $450 and the turbohawk priced at $550. the turbohawk is pretty nice and claims to get good speed. to not be partial though, it looks like diamond has some really great bows for the money. the best thing to do is find a good pro shop and try them for yourself and choose which bow is right for YOU. good luck.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:58 PM

Default Martin Cheetah

I just bought a Martin Cheetah package from BPS for $516.00. I scrapped the sight provided because it was junk but kept the rest of the package. It's super smooth, fast, quiet, and the smaller axle to axle is great for tree stand shooting. The only thing I don't like about the bow is the rubber grip but you can upgrade to the wood grip for for 30-40 bucks and install it yourself. I think for the price it's a great deal.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

PSE makes some nice bows but IMO there are better.I'd look at Hoyt,Bowtech,Diamond and Mathews as well.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Truthfully, you have to go shoot all the bows you can. You will know the one that is right for you. What I shoot may not be what is comfortable for you. This is the best part of buying a bow, you get to shoot them all.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

What camelcluch said. It is hard to go wrong with any of the modern bows, IMO, when you get to the $400 plus range, but you need to see what you are comfortable with.

I shot the Diamond Stud when I was looking, and it is a good bow, but I spent some more money to go with the Iceman.

Good luck!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Spike

thank you all it looks as if i will go to town and start shooting by the way anyone know anything about the archery shop in La Grange Texas im new to this area. thanks
Old 08-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by newcomer24
thank you all it looks as if i will go to town and start shooting by the way anyone know anything about the archery shop in La Grange Texas im new to this area. thanks
if you can, stand close to thier target wall and shoot with your eyes closed, doesnt matter where the bo hits, just see how it feels.find the one that feels best, and put a shop set up on it, and shoot it more. see how you group with it
Old 09-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Spike

You can also go with Mission my Mathews they have some awesome bows with good speed and there dont cost you an arm and a leg. I have the Mission UX2 and it is a great bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.