Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage or G5?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rage or G5?

Which broadheads are best for the money rage or G5?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Between the 2...I would take the Rages...I seen a recent video that has been circulatiing lately and all I can say is it should have labled "Blood Gusher"...
Old 07-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Typical Buck

Ive shot the G5 Stikers for three years. They are nasty, nasty little heads.

I've heard way to many people complain about the Rage heads, for many different reasons and i certainly do not agree with the way they are marketed.

Go with G5 in my opinion. For mechanicals...... in times past i'd say none, but i'm actually going to try a Grim Reaper this fall.

good luck. both will kill, but you'll never see a Rage across my riser...... (i guess i'm lying. I found one this spring shed hunting. Some clown was shooting them outta his xbow at deer....... You may see a video of me shooting it with about five other heads to compare flight......if i ever get my bow set back up)
Old 07-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

RAGE and watch them go down
Old 07-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both will do the job as far as killing a deer with a well placed shot. No doubt the Rage leaves massive wound channels, I have used them. However what the G5 (Montec) brings to the table is the ability to be resharpened and used multiple times. That is not important to some people but I like it.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Antler Eater
Both will do the job as far as killing a deer with a well placed shot. No doubt the Rage leaves massive wound channels, I have used them. However what the G5 (Montec) brings to the table is the ability to be resharpened and used multiple times. That is not important to some people but I like it.
I agree with you here. I started out last year with the Rage 2-Blades and ended up finishing with the Montecs. I've been very impressed. They are extremely easy to re-sharpen and do the job very well. The rages are a little too much for me in terms of the damage they cause. Both do the job very well. Just a matter of preference.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot Rage 3-blades and my dad shoots Montacs. We both really like what we shoot. It's just personal preference. I really appreciate the simplicity of the Montacs and would probably shoot them if I didn't shoot the Rage's.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the advice I just bought me some G5 montecs.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:40 PM

I've tried both and don't like that the rage broadheads open up sometimes walking to the stand or if you bump um. I tried taken off the stock o rings and adding thicker ones and it helped a little but I just like the no hassle of a fixed blade.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

i like the rages, tehy are a pretty good head. Had an issue with penetration with the montec's.
I think if i was in the market for new heads, i would be shooting the Slicktrick Grizztricks
amazing head! I also like the original Nap heads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.