Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage or G5?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Between those I would definitely choose the G5 Montecs, that being said don't overlook the NAP Hellrazors. They are a similar design but are much sharper that the original Montecs. I think G5 has changed the design to a CS (I think) to address the sharpness issue, I have not had a chance to try these yet. I would highly recommend the Hellrazors to anyone. Good Luck!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

im trying me some rage 2 blade this year..... with what ive seen they destroy!!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Spike

just get spitfires and be done w/ it!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got two different set ups for deer hunting. I have one short ata bow for hunting out of ground blinds and I will be using G5 montecs with that set up. My other set up is for use out of tree stands, that one will have a quiver full of rage 2 blade heads.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

I have heard allot of great things about the rage broad heads. I haven't heard anything about the G5's although that dosn't mean they are bad. It's all up to if you can trust a mechanical broadhead.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK,I've got some Montec G5's and I just can't get them as sharp as I want.Whiles workin an outdoorshow this past winter,I saw some other heads by Montec,they would shave hair right from the pack.Trouble is,In Feb.I'm thinkin bout turkey not deer so I can't remember if it was the Montec G5 CS(carbon instead of stainless steel) or if it was the stryker.Can ya help me out?
Old 08-30-2009, 05:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jalvja
OK,I've got some Montec G5's and I just can't get them as sharp as I want.Whiles workin an outdoorshow this past winter,I saw some other heads by Montec,they would shave hair right from the pack.Trouble is,In Feb.I'm thinkin bout turkey not deer so I can't remember if it was the Montec G5 CS(carbon instead of stainless steel) or if it was the stryker.Can ya help me out?
If the blades were removable/replacable they were the Strikers. If they were one piece designs they were the Montecs. Also the Montec CS will hve a duller finish on the areas that aren't sharpened then the stainless/regular Montec. All three are awesome heads. G5 makes a "special" stone that makes sharpening the Montecs a snap!
Old 08-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cartman308
If the blades were removable/replacable they were the Strikers. If they were one piece designs they were the Montecs. Also the Montec CS will hve a duller finish on the areas that aren't sharpened then the stainless/regular Montec. All three are awesome heads. G5 makes a "special" stone that makes sharpening the Montecs a snap!
Cartman, That's the problem.I can't remember if they were replacable or not.I have the Montec stone.Maybe I'm too picky.I think they should have a better edge than i'm gettin.Years ago I used the old original bear broadheads(showin my age,lol)without the bleeder blades.I could put an edge on them like i'm lookin for then for the next 20+ yrs I used replaceble blades(wasp and muzzies)used the montec the last 3 years.Most people would call em sharp enough but to me you can't get a broadhead sharp enough.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like rage, but ive heard g5 are also good
Old 08-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

did I just read someone say they wont shoot the rages because of how they are marketed?! Are you serious... thats what its come down to these days?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.