Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

River West Clothing?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM

Default River West Clothing?

I tried to do a search for this but didn't come across anything so if this is a repost, sorry

Anywhy, I got a catalog from River West hunting clothing yesterday in the mail, up until May 31st, they have buy one item get an equal or lesser valued item for 50% off.

It has piqued my curiosity, I am in the market to get a new hunting suit for the upcoming bow season, and this seems to fit all my requirements outside of I did want to take a dip into the scentlok type suit, but I will skip out on that if I can find something that will last as long as my last outfit has held up (about 10 years now, but not waterproof and starting to really fade)

Anyone have any experience with this brand? good? bad? indifferent?

How is the warmth level, can you layer up under it? good movement? quiet? relatively burr-proof? water proof? (i would hope so this is there niche from what i have read)

http://www.riverswest.com/hifi_fabrics.html
Old 04-22-2009, 06:33 PM

Default RE: River West Clothing?

i bought their jacket last year and so far really like it.it definitely is waterproof and i got the silver lined one.dont actually know if it helps scent or not ,i got it for a fairly light all season windproof waterproof layer,i looked at underarmour and arctic shield but decided on the rivers west,not as quite as i would like but just as quite or quiter than the other windproof waterproof stuff.so far overall i like it.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Spike

Default RE: River West Clothing?

I've got the pants in different weights, bibs for really cold and snowy weather, and some of the jackets. They, at least the ones I have, are not for warm weather or hard hunting, especially if your not in great physical shape. They don't breath well when you're pushing yourself and out of shape. Just be aware of that. They can't be beat for keeping you dry. I don't care if your sitting on a wet log, kneeling in a swamp, or in a 24 hr day long downpour, they won't leak and you won't get wet. period. Pretty darn quiet too. The newer ones are great for not picking up burrs and such. Hunting where you have a cold wet wind hitting you all day? They are as good as it gets for keeping you dry and warm. Love how they stretch with you. Really neat material. Tough as hell. If you kneel or sit where it's really wet with Gortex, the pressure will push the moisture through and you will get wet. Been there done that a few times. I don't buy cheap products either. The Riverswest stuff won't let you down. I'd buy it again, and plan on getting a few more pieces to add to my collection.