HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - River West Clothing?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:54 PM
wapitibull375
Spike

Default RE: River West Clothing?

I've got the pants in different weights, bibs for really cold and snowy weather, and some of the jackets. They, at least the ones I have, are not for warm weather or hard hunting, especially if your not in great physical shape. They don't breath well when you're pushing yourself and out of shape. Just be aware of that. They can't be beat for keeping you dry. I don't care if your sitting on a wet log, kneeling in a swamp, or in a 24 hr day long downpour, they won't leak and you won't get wet. period. Pretty darn quiet too. The newer ones are great for not picking up burrs and such. Hunting where you have a cold wet wind hitting you all day? They are as good as it gets for keeping you dry and warm. Love how they stretch with you. Really neat material. Tough as hell. If you kneel or sit where it's really wet with Gortex, the pressure will push the moisture through and you will get wet. Been there done that a few times. I don't buy cheap products either. The Riverswest stuff won't let you down. I'd buy it again, and plan on getting a few more pieces to add to my collection.